Porsche Connect?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Not Connect Plus.

Might sound like a silly question, but how do you tell if your Macan actually has Porsche Connect?

The dealer I bought it off told me it has, but, I’m trying to confirm it.

Is it just a case of buying it from the Connect Store, if it hasn’t. Or, is there some wiring/installation and coding to be done at an OPC?

Thanks

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Leesparky on Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Which model year?

Plug an iphone into the usb socket with ignition on. If you get a message on the PCM ‘connect as ipod or carplay?’ You have Connect. If not, you don’t!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Nuclear Nick wrote:Which model year?

Plug an iphone into the usb socket with ignition on. If you get a message on the PCM ‘connect as ipod or carplay?’ You have Connect. If not, you don’t!
That’s what I initially thought too. But isn’t that just CarPlay? (The message pops and I do have CarPlay).

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Leesparky wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:49 pm

That’s what I initially thought too. But isn’t that just CarPlay? (The message pops and I do have CarPlay).

Then you do have Connect.

You don't say which year your car is. Before about March '17, but not the very earliest cars I believe, there will also be a SIM card slot between the two SD card slots behind the flap just underneath the PCM screen. This will enable you to use a data SIM for online services. Assuming you bought the car at an OPC, they should provide the information you need to register a Porsche ID to use Connect services.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Nuclear Nick wrote:
Leesparky wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Then you do have Connect.

You don't say which year your car is. Before about March '17, but not the very earliest cars I believe, there will also be a SIM card slot between the two SD card slots behind the flap just underneath the PCM screen. This will enable you to use a data SIM for online services. Assuming you bought the car at an OPC, they should provide the information you need to register a Porsche ID to use Connect services.
It’s a mid 17 reg.
Doesn’t have the SD card slot.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated

Phil.B

Post by Phil.B »

Have Just brought new Macan gen 2, any one had problem with CarPlay connection ?
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Phil.B wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:51 pm Have Just brought new Macan gen 2, any one had problem with CarPlay connection ?
I find the wireless CarPlay connectivity to be very flaky.

Have you lost connection? If so, you may need to go into the PCM device manager and ensure that the CarPlay symbol in the ‘link’ column for your phone is green (if white then tap it).

Or have you never been able to establish a connection? If not, check your phone can ‘see’ your car in iOS settings.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
davewf

Post by davewf »

Lee, you need to get here and register an account https://connect-portal.porsche.com/ then register your car, tab My Vehicles , you need the VIN.

Then go to home screen and your car will be there along with a button to connect to the car, it will give you a code you enter into the car. Once car is connected you can then go to the services tab and see what can be downloaded. However Connect is not free after an initial period I think it was 2 years so you will have to pay for the service think its £115 a year . Then you can send POI , destinations etc to the car and update the maps etc.

This is different to CarPlay which will work without the subscription.

My car is a GTS late 2016 with the updated PCM and it uses a Sim in the slot for connectivity. Not sure how yours will communicate but at least try registering and pairing first and see what happens.
Last edited by davewf on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil.B

Post by Phil.B »

Sometimes my CarPlay works perfectly, then next time I get into the car no CarPlay !
Paul

Post by Paul »

Phil.B wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:03 am Sometimes my CarPlay works perfectly, then next time I get into the car no CarPlay !
The latest IOS update (13.1.3) had this as a specific fix.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465