Car forgetting saved settings

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

1 month and a pitiful 500 miles (sorry!) into my Macan ownership and overall very impressed with the car.

I have a couple of gripes, such as a ‘service necessary - driving permitted’ error message that the OPC can’t currently fix, and some teething troubles using CarPlay via Bluetooth.

More annoyingly though, I have twice now set up preferences like comfort entry, fold mirrors on lock and unlock all doors on unlock and the car has twice now forgotten them, despite them working for a couple of unlocks after initial setting. I am using the same key so it’s not that. Any ideas if I’m doing something wrong or if there’s a fault?

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

PWMacan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:02 am 1 month and a pitiful 500 miles (sorry!) into my Macan ownership and overall very impressed with the car.

I have a couple of gripes, such as a ‘service necessary - driving permitted’ error message that the OPC can’t currently fix, and some teething troubles using CarPlay via Bluetooth.

More annoyingly though, I have twice now set up preferences like comfort entry, fold mirrors on lock and unlock all doors on unlock and the car has twice now forgotten them, despite them working for a couple of unlocks after initial setting. I am using the same key so it’s not that. Any ideas if I’m doing something wrong or if there’s a fault?
Do you save your settings to the car (memory button 1 or 2 on the door), as well as onto the key? If so you might be able to retrieve the settings from that button.

Do you have the auto memory setting unchecked or checked? If checked, there is the possibility of your settings being overwritten.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Paul

Post by Paul »

As above, the settings (and they are individual to each key) can be confusing.
Auto memory, as Makanik says, will on,y remember the various position as they were when the car was switched off.
I untick this box, set the seats etc up, the press the key symbol on the driver’s door card until you hear the chime. This should remember the settings everytime the car is unlocked (with that key; not the second key. )
Also, certainly on phase 1 cars, you can’t auto fold the mirrors in on lock; you simply hold the lock button on the fob (may have changed on phase 2)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Yep - been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Last settings are automatically saved to key. So if you pick up your wife's key by mistake it can be a struggle getting in!! Now have different coloured key fobs to differentiate 🤗
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

B737NGWS wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 am Yep - been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Last settings are automatically saved to key. So if you pick up your wife's key by mistake it can be a struggle getting in!! Now have different coloured key fobs to differentiate 🤗
I always use the same key so in my case it isn’t that.

@Makanik and Paul above - thanks yes - perhaps I need to try saving the settings to key rather than button ‘1’ as I currently do. A stupid question - does saving the settings via the button on driver door save preferences like this (locking, comfort entry, mirror fold) or just the seat position? I thought it was only the seat position so probably didn’t save in this way after configuring my other preferences, so suspect I didn’t proactively save them in this way after I set them.
Paul

Post by Paul »

No, it saves everything, just like the 1/2/3 buttons; seat, door mirrors, a/c settings.....👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

I collected my Macan S in April (still done less than 3000 miles - but enjoyed every one!) and I've experienced the same issue. The first time EVERYTHING went back to like a factory reset and since then I'm not convinced that the seat memory is 100%. I discussed this at my "Masterclass" tutorial, but to be honest the SE could offer little clarification above what has been suggested in this post.
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

DiverNick wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:06 am I collected my Macan S in April (still done less than 3000 miles - but enjoyed every one!) and I've experienced the same issue. The first time EVERYTHING went back to like a factory reset and since then I'm not convinced that the seat memory is 100%. I discussed this at my "Masterclass" tutorial, but to be honest the SE could offer little clarification above what has been suggested in this post.
Yes I think we’re in the same boat, DriverNick.

I’ll have another go at setting it all up and saving it to key, to see if that works.
GWL

Post by GWL »

PWMacan wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 am
I’ll have another go at setting it all up and saving it to key, to see if that works.
Yes, you have to save the settings to the key, as it loads them from the key by default each time you switch on the ignition/start up.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i