Panamera E-Hybrid Loaner

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

VanB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:03 pm Interesting, Dandock. Plainly needs to be plugged in overnight to get the best out of it.
When I had my Panny e-Hybrid (Gen1 Mk2), I charged it every day at home, at some places I visited there would be a Tesla Destination charger. The best I saw was 13 miles est range, whatever the ambient temperature. I even wrote to Porsche UK about it, from whom I got a very ambivalent reply. However, it's not the whole picture, the ability to recharge while driving was very beneficial, I usually did it cruising, ready for urban traffic. When driving distances, I almost always had 10 plus electric range indicated. The objective was always to arrive home with 0 miles left, although there was always a reserve that kicked in when I reversed into my drive. However, the £0.00 VED and it's comfort were a bonus but brake feel was not good and after a year, I decided it was too big. The photo shows economy after a Euro drive, in reality perhaps 30mpg but using 95 octane fuel, as specified, so a cost saving. Not bad for a 400hp V6 large saloon.

IMG_4110.jpg

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I bought a new (to me) 2017 model a couple of months ago - I'm still on my first tank of fuel!

The newer ones get around 21 miles of pure electric, and as I charge it each night and most of it's runs are 4 to 12 miles, the petrol engine seldom kicks in as it's fast enough about town and does up to 77mph on the motorway before the engine starts.

There is a knack to using this car, you can get great efficiency on short journeys, but don't have to bother with range anxiety if your going to do several hundred miles.

It is big, but other than the Macan and Cayenne what are you going to buy if you want a bit of room? The boot may not be huge, but that's what you get for the styling, if you need more space get the SUV instead.

Performance wise it's very good, you can't use it in real life most of the time except for the odd overtake, but it does make life effortless with around 460hp available if you want it - you can also turn the electric to a save mode so it is always there, a hybrid mode where it uses all the electric and then goes onto regen, or run it on pure eclectic for your 20+ miles - your choice.

I must say I'm a lot more of a convert since I got it, it's a lovely car and a great place to be, and I nearly bought a regular one instead, but so glad I didn't as I honestly never realised how many short trips I do - mostly for the kids etc...….
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

jesim1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:13 am I bought a new (to me) 2017 model a couple of months ago - I'm still on my first tank of fuel!

The newer ones get around 21 miles of pure electric, and as I charge it each night and most of it's runs are 4 to 12 miles, the petrol engine seldom kicks in as it's fast enough about town and does up to 77mph on the motorway before the engine starts.

There is a knack to using this car, you can get great efficiency on short journeys, but don't have to bother with range anxiety if your going to do several hundred miles.

It is big, but other than the Macan and Cayenne what are you going to buy if you want a bit of room? The boot may not be huge, but that's what you get for the styling, if you need more space get the SUV instead.

Performance wise it's very good, you can't use it in real life most of the time except for the odd overtake, but it does make life effortless with around 460hp available if you want it - you can also turn the electric to a save mode so it is always there, a hybrid mode where it uses all the electric and then goes onto regen, or run it on pure eclectic for your 20+ miles - your choice.

I must say I'm a lot more of a convert since I got it, it's a lovely car and a great place to be, and I nearly bought a regular one instead, but so glad I didn't as I honestly never realised how many short trips I do - mostly for the kids etc...….
100% agree..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.