advise

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
tigertrout

Post by tigertrout »

My car went in for a rear repair in July to Body techniques in slough through my insurance company Admiral.
They had the car for 3 months and when I got it back there was lots off electrical faults on the car which were not there before it went in to them.
I sent the car back and they couldnt fix them and said they must have been there before the crash. Admiral insurance sent an independant assessor out and he said it need to go to a main dealer. So it went to Porsche reading and they have priced up over £4k worth of repairs to be done but they are not saying thar HR owen caused the faults. So its now been at Porsche Reading for 2 weeks but not one will make a decision on whos to blame and who will pay the bill to fix it.
Anybody got any advise on what to do next.?

stallturn

Post by stallturn »

What are the nature of the electrical faults?
How do they manifest themselves?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Regardless, your insurance company are responsible for returning your car in a fit, repaired state. Get a formal estimate from Reading and submit it to Admiral with a covering note explaining the situation.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Sorry, this isn't helpful to you but I would have insisted that the car went to Porsche in the first place so that they would be responsible for the whole repair. I chose Aviva insurance as it specifically lists my OPC as an approved repairer. Many insurers don't use OPCs.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015