Macan v X4M

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bompey

Post by bompey »

Yes it was those deals I saw. A quick and dirty calc is that my 2016 GTS has lost 25-30k in just over 3 years. It cost £66k and is worth £40k ish now, but the X4M is £29k over 4 years. I own my Macan outright but the thought of locking in my depreciation of £7k a year using pcp for a 500+hp car is appealing.

The X4M ride felt noticeably harsher than the Macan, it crashed over all the cats eyes in the road but I just dont notice them in my Macan, but all the extras and tech made it a nice place to be. I have a difficult decision to make.

Thanks for all the replies.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S

adam b

Post by adam b »

I specced one out for a bit of fun, only needed to add £4k to base price to get nearly everything possible.

I might test drive one of these, though I prefer the looks of my Macan and the interior.

The online entertainment option (permanent connection to music streaming services) would be brilliant if it wasn't just napster and deezer (er hello spotify, apple music or amazon music!!)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Although I personally haven't driven one, a mate told me he had a BMW X3 M40i for a day and it was brilliant. Rode on 20" wheels and runflats (which you can change) plus the dealer had three pre-reg ones with a good spec at £41,500 with 10 miles on the clock. I think they are £53k new. The tech in the bimmers is way ahead of Macan's. The particular car he had also had acoustic glazing which made it very quiet inside. Nice car but the problem is they are like a pimple on your arse, everybody has one!
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:03 pm Nice car but the problem is they are like a pimple on your arse, everybody has one!
Great way of putting that :D but you're right.

I know it's maybe snobbish to say but when someone asks what you're driving and you say BMW or Audi or Mercedes etc. you feel inclined to have to follow up with the model number etc. When you say Porsche it doesn't seem so necessary.

However, as seen in this example, BMW are making it difficult to ignore them with 25% discounts on such powerful vehicles.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

25% discount or they wouldn't sell them! Another way of looking at it and you wouldn't want to buy one with your own cash either.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Just had to Google it as I've totally lost track of BMW's recently....Not pretty is it!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:22 pm 25% discount or they wouldn't sell them! Another way of looking at it and you wouldn't want to buy one with your own cash either.
And what the heck must the profit margin be on the full asking price?! I imagine even if you buy a Beemer at 25% discount, the profit margin must still make it worthwhile for the dealer. Makes a bit of a mockery of the whole pricing structure, to be honest.

Although we moan about little or no discounts on a Porsche, at least we know where we are, price-wise and depreciation-wise. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Very true WingCo
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Come on guys, back to the real world now, X4M is a pile of poo. I test drove a X4 M4.0i and it was quick but it rode as well as a horse and cart, and that awful fake leather dash!
When I got back to the BMW dealer with their demo X4 I was asked what I thought, when I said I test drove a Macan the previous weekend the salesman just said ‘enough said’ and took the keys from me. He didn’t even try to sell it to me.
I could have got that particular car that was 68reg for 42 grand, I ended up with my Macan diesel, 66 reg for the same money. Crap deal you may say, but my car has everything and is very special compared to any BMW.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

That is crazy - what is the actual real price of these cars. 8 Series has some discount......
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3