Porsche Macan US configurator online

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

For any of our US readers - Porsche has now made the configurator available online to you: http://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/default.ashx?modelrange=macan with a starting MSRP of $49,900.

Transpower

Post by Transpower »

Going through that again, for the Macan S, I select

Infotainment Package

Premium Package Plus

White exterior, with interior in Luxor Beige

Trailer Hitch

Stainless Steel Skid Plate (front)

Park Assist + Reversing Camera

Air Suspension and PASM

Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus

PDK

18" wheels

Power Seats (14 way)

Dark Walnut Interior Package

Compass on Dashboard

All of this comes to $68,400. Six months ago I priced out a Cayenne Diesel (using the Consumer Reports service) at $68869. The Cayenne has 66 cubic fee of cargo space vs. 53 cubic feet for the Macan.

Transpower

Post by Transpower »

Car Scoops agrees that the pricing between the Macan and the Cayenne seems out of whack: http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/porsche-pricing-strategy-doesn-make-any.html

Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

On the UK site there is no base pricing displayed for the entry-level Cayenne (There is for all the other models). This makes me wonder if Porsche are going to ditch it and only have the more expensive versions?
Rogerkdvm

Post by Rogerkdvm »

The Macan configurator currently shows the beautiful Sapphire Blue when one clicks on Dark Blue Metallic. I made Porsche USA aware of that "oversight" and they contacted Germany to advise them of this "oversight" (my ass this is intentionally done to promote the new color). However it can not be ordered as of now. Further Porsche USA states that Sapphire Blue will be able to be ordered "on or about 10/2014" with then a 3 month lead time after that. My problem is that my lease on current car ends in May. I can extend it month to month however when color will be ready will be 8 months later. Needless to say I am pissed that they have the nerve to show that color at all the shows, all over the internet in all videos and on their configurator and not have it available. This is either the height of arrogance or incompetence; likely arrogance. Roger

Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

Thanks for the headsup - I wonder how many have placed their order expecting a Sapphire Blue to turn up?