Macan - PCP negotiating

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

I am looking to replace my current Macan S with similar.
Almost all the salesmen I speak to are quoting Feb/Mar delivery for factory order. Build slots are available.
Having always bought cars for cash, this time I am looking at PCP (the car value scene/situation may be much different in 3 years, and I want to lock in some certainty).
I have run quite a few scenarios through a PCP calculator, looking at the variables, and have a question for the forum:
It is notoriously difficult to get any discount from Porsche, but how flexible might they be about the value of the 'optional final payment' under the PCP? If I intend to hand back the car after the PCP period, I would want this 'balloon payment' to be as high as possible, thus minimising my monthly payments.
If I have 5 dealerships (say) keen to sell me a car at list price, I wonder would they negotiate on the basis of the final payment of a PCP?

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I don't know, but I suspect the GFV is set by VW finance and therefore they don't have any flexibility on that one.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

I am with the above, you want to reduce uncertainty, the finance company don’t want to take unnecessary risk. I would say that you would do better to try for discounts, or free stuff in the deal..

And if they won’t, walk... and wait for them to call you.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

CharlesElliott wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:17 pm ...I suspect the GFV is set by VW finance and therefore they don't have any flexibility on that one.
I agree. I very much doubt that the OPC could amend the final balloon payment. You’re better off bartering for a discount on the purchase price. They might call it a ‘manufacturer’s allowance’ rather than use the actual term ‘discount’. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

A Macan S in three months, how times have changed. :o Has to be discounts to be had.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Don't forget to try other providers rather than just your OPC. Better interest rates will save you a good bit of money.
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

What other PCP providers are there out there?
Halifax has oft been mentioned on these forums, but I looked the other day and their PCP rate was 6.5% (and you have to have been with them 3 months and use their account as the main current account).
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

stallturn wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:08 pm Having always bought cars for cash, this time I am looking at PCP
No, no, no, don't do it!!! If you can pay cash, that's the best way. PCP if you've got money to burn, cannot afford cash, or just don't care!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Slightly disagree PaulR...my Cayenne current WBAC valuation is only £4k more than the GFV, and I've got 2.5 years and 25k miles to go...
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Bleedsoff

Post by Bleedsoff »

I got £2k off list with a PCP deal. Only way you can change GFV is by adjusting your annual mileage or term you take the car. Most third party car finance companies won’t even get near the GFV offered by VW finance if that’s the only aspect your interested in.