Macan turbo - replacing interior trim / stonechips?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

I seriously wouldn't bother trying to push for a respray...youll pick up more chips anyway! Just get the dealer to give you a touch up pen and clear lacquer then do it yourself. You'll probably do a better job. No doubt you'll have to use it again anyway.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Re the trim...I've also been wondering how easy it is to remove the trim as I've been thinking of wrapping them in carbon. The thing that puts me off is the process...removing then putting back together might cause a few rattles down the line. Sometimes is just best to leave stuff like this.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Its interesting how tastes vary.
I like the brushed aluminium trim, and if I was looking at a car with piano black gloss or carbon bits, I would be thinking "that interior would look so much better with aluminium trim"
Am89

Post by Am89 »

To be fair, I haven’t seen it in the flesh. Hopefully there’s a like minded buyer like yourself when I come to sell the car 😀
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

bennachie wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:35 pm Badly touched in stone chips are worse than stone chips.............................
Definitely agree. However dark coloured cars are relatively easy to touch up, particularly black, grey and navy. Light silver and gold colours are a nightmare, probably best left alone.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
adam b

Post by adam b »

the aluminium trim lifts a black leather interior like mine, but if you really don't like it it can be swapped, assume 1.5k for the trim plus maybe 1k labour to change. Get the OPC to do it cost price and reduced labour cost if you pay offering?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Am89

Post by Am89 »

For 2.5k I’d be better buying another car 😀
keelolo

Post by keelolo »

Re changing the trim - I’d be wary changing the trim if the interior has extended leather. I had a rattle in the front doors which needed the door cards coming off. To do this, you need to remove the trim peices to access the screws securing the door card. Fortunately this was done under warranty but the OPC made a mess of the leather on both doors

3D889885-289E-4362-BC40-EED457A9E66B.jpeg

They’ve agreed to replace both door cards as they couldn’t get the leather smooth again
2017MY GTS - Gone
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

Chips! Macan front end is prone to paint Chips. Non-cellulose eco paint? Within 1000 miles I had 5 or 6 chips on my new GTS, some cutting through to the aluminium. There is no way deep chips can be satisfactorily patched. I decided to have the whole car wrapped and the bonnet resprayed. 17,000miles on - not a chip insight.

Suggest you avoid spot repair, respray bonnet, then wrap the front.
VanB

Post by VanB »

I'm surprised they are trying to retail it as is. As mentioned you gate caned on PX with any stone chips let alone the number you're reporting. If you want to change the interior trim have it done professionally otherwise you will end up with rattles etc (unless you are exceptionally talented). I guess, all things considered, it's whether or not the price and rest of the spec can make a compelling reason for taking the car as is and getting the required work done yourself.

I agree with others that badly filled in stone chips are worse than the stone chips themselves
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate