Approved used warranty.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Am89

Post by Am89 »

I’m looking at a used macan, which was bought as an approved used car from Porsche. Still has part of the remaining 24 month approved used warranty - can anyone confirm if this warranty is with the car or owner and is there usually any excess to pay for warranty work or diagnostics?

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

The warranty is with the car, so you should be able to benefit from it if you buy the car.

I had two turbos replaced under the approved used warranty in October and I did not pay any excess. There is zero excess.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

It is a Gray area, as I understand it as long as you are purchasing the car from a Private seller then then Warranty transfers over to the new opener.
If you are purchasing from an independent dealers then the Warranty will not transfer over.

I ave just purchased a 24 Month Warranty & have been explained all the options if I sell on in the 24 Month Period.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

sparkmacan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:41 am
If you are purchasing from an independent dealers then the Warranty will not transfer over.

Except if the Indy is selling the car on brokerage, then the warranty will pass.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I have an approved used warranty on my SD. I have it in writing from Porsche that if I sell to an individual, the warranty is transferable. If I sell to a car dealer, the warranty is void. I wouldn't go near any Porsche without a Porsche warranty. What are you looking for?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Am89

Post by Am89 »

I’ve just bought a Macan turbo with approved used warranty, around 1.5 years worth. Owner supplied me with warranty paperwork and I’ve contacted Porsche - they require me to send a copy of the V5 with my name on it as proof.

On a side note, I noticed the car had some condensation inside the PDLS headlight and some inside the sport chrono clock - anyone else notice this?
davewf

Post by davewf »

I see some in the headlights but that goes away on its own and is a known "feature". Never seen any in the chronological clock. Perhaps whoever you bought it from washed the mats and there is still some moisture hanging around.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Am89 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:08 pm I

On a side note, I noticed the car had some condensation inside the PDLS headlight and some inside the sport chrono clock - anyone else notice this?
Relatively normal, been discussed a few times in forum including this topic

[url]https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8792[/url]

and here

[url]https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4742[/url]
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Am89 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:08 pm I’ve just bought a Macan turbo with approved used warranty, around 1.5 years worth. Owner supplied me with warranty paperwork and I’ve contacted Porsche - they require me to send a copy of the V5 with my name on it as proof.

An Estate Agent would describe it as 'Character' just like the leaking, damp ridden, falling down house I went to look at as a callow youth. I had a survey done which revealed ever type of rot known to man and some that wasn't. I now run a mile when I hear/see 'character' in any description.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Can anyone recommend a vin decoder?