New GTS launching...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

No some of us have 'gone the other way'....................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Not sure where this guy is based as video spec is not exactly the same as GB spec. His review says Air and PASM std. In the UK it's just PASM.

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:33 pm Not sure where this guy is based as video spec is not exactly the same as GB spec. His review says Air and PASM std. In the UK it's just PASM.

That's Nick Murray does a lot of "Porsche" review videos, based In North America USA from memory
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Yes you're correct. Googled him and he's CONNECTICUT based. I have seen some of his Porsche YouTube reviews before. :roll: his Kiwi accent threw me!
Steve

pmg

Post by pmg »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:15 pm Yes you're correct. Googled him and he's CONNECTICUT based. I have seen some of his Porsche YouTube reviews before. :roll: his Kiwi accent threw me!
on one of his previous vids, he mentioned a prior life in NZ.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
VanB

Post by VanB »

Nick Murray is a Kiwi living in the US and has been doing Porsche reviews for some considerable time (along with his dog Tui and his stuffed toy monkey). He is in IT for a corporate and his reviews are generally quite entertaining if not empirical.

Anyone who has properly researched their Porsche will likely have come across Nick Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I'm speccing up a GTS and can't decide whether I prefer the side blades in black or in the body colour.
What do you think?

GTS - Blue Sideblades.jpg

GTS - Black Sideblades.jpg

Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I have the same dilemma. Leaning towards body colour as (hopefully) easier to clean.

The dimpled black plastic sideblades on my SD are the hardest part of the Macan to clean. They then do not stay clean for long here on our rural roads. :cry:
Steve

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:01 pm I have the same dilemma. Leaning towards body colour as (hopefully) easier to clean.

The dimpled black plastic sideblades on my SD are the hardest part of the Macan to clean. They then do not stay clean for long here on our rural roads. :cry:
On my previous Macan I had the body coloured blades (Volcano Grey). Didn't notice cleaning issues but, then again, my car was mostly driven in towns / cities.

I'm thinking black blades to break up the blue a little and if the coloured blades were a cost option it would be an easy decision to make but there is no additional cost for either.
Last edited by Bazza06 on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

They are smooth on the GTS (or were). I like the contrast on lighter colours but would have them body colour on anything mid to dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate