New GTS launching...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

My preference would be body coloured on a light car, white, silver or chalk. The darker colours I feel suit the smooth black. I kept them black on my Carmine GTS and it looked better for it.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rab J wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:45 pm My preference would be body coloured on a light car, white, silver or chalk. The darker colours I feel suit the smooth black. I kept them black on my Carmine GTS and it looked better for it.
Interestingly my mate just picked up his fully loaded turbo for his wife in crayon with black accents which really works
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

So had my OPC's Turbo demonstrator for an extended test drive today. This is the 2.9 engine with 440 horses. Did this as no demo GTS will be available prior to my lock down.

The new 2.9 is a really smooth engine with little turbo hesitation from low revs. You have get into med / high revs before it flys though and with a great engine note. In the Sport setting lovely pops an gurggles on the overrun too. At legal speeds on A-roads and Motorway it didn't feel that much of a difference to my SD with just 260 horses. Probably because the diesel has similar torque in that every day scenario. I got 23 mpg today with the Turbo in a 100+ mile mixed roads drive. My SD returned 36 mpg on the 70+ mile commuter time round trip to / from the OPC using A-roads and the M4.

The Gen II benefits from the new front suspension etc. Steering felt quicker to respond and very planted, even in today's heavy rain, on fast cross country roads.

My OPC had 3 secondhand Gen I GTS for sale today in their showroom. So that enabled me to finalise my spec by seeing different options in the metal / plastic / leather /Alcantara / stitching etc. By the time I returned following the day's test drive, two had been sold.
Last edited by SAC1 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Thanks for the review SAC1. My dealer said they wouldn't have any GTS demonstrators. I inferred all cars in the first six months or so would be customer orders. So the existing Turbo demonstrator may be closest we can try for a while.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
jone66

Post by jone66 »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:15 pm
Rab J wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:45 pm My preference would be body coloured on a light car, white, silver or chalk. The darker colours I feel suit the smooth black. I kept them black on my Carmine GTS and it looked better for it.
Interestingly my mate just picked up his fully loaded turbo for his wife in crayon with black accents which really works
Love still exists......at a price...lol
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D