Used v New GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jone66

Post by jone66 »

mcnallys wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 pm Yep, 2 still there - I swept past today. I think there would be a deal to be had on either....
I was under the impression that OPC were reluctant on deals? Althogh the one in my local OPC may do one on the red seats....lol :shock:
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

jone66 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:59 am
mcnallys wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 pm Yep, 2 still there - I swept past today. I think there would be a deal to be had on either....
I was under the impression that OPC were reluctant on deals? Althogh the one in my local OPC may do one on the red seats....lol :shock:
They aren't called dealerships for nothing, always a deal to be done as long as you know the value of what your buying. :)
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

On used, they will deal - esp if they 2 the same. I suspect they would like to shift before 31st March. Worth a phone call at least
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above there will always be a chance for a deal on a used car. They may play hard ball and if they do then walk away but no harm making a reasonable offer to see if they bite. Don’t get into negotiation at this point as they will then know you are keen, just say thanks and I will look elsewhere. You may find they don’t want to give up on you.

New cars can be very different as they are pretty certain more customers will come along and they haven’t money tied up on something sitting on the forecourt depreciating.
VanB

Post by VanB »

All used cars on the forecourt have wriggle room built into the price so you should be able to get a discount but, as above, be prepared to walk away if you get the whole BS “the car owes us £xxxx”. It is depreciating every day it’s on the forecourt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Remember of course that if the car is very well priced there not be much discount which is reasonable. You really need a good view of the market and what other cars are advertised for. That will let you negotiate fairly as if a car is already priced low and you ask for thousands off you won’t get it and you may miss a good deal by walking away.