Losing settings?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
cinders

Post by cinders »

Evening All,

Yesterday I set up some settings as how I wanted a few things, i.e. diamond button to disable auto start/stop, added the boost psi to the vehicle info, set doors so they don't lock when driving off, etc.

I just took the car out and noticed those settings have been lost. I've never had that happen before.

This is a bit strange, has anyone had this happen?

Thanks,
Cinders.

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Have you got comfort memory? Is it set to remember key (or whatever its called)?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Gtr_drifter

Post by Gtr_drifter »

Yeah I had the same issue, it remembers based on the key used so just double check that
cinders

Post by cinders »

Aha.. I've only been using one key. I'll need to check if it's got comfort memory.

It's a shame you can't turn off auto/start stop permanently - it's a pain in the a**...
Paul

Post by Paul »

Make sure “Auto memory” is unticked - this retains the last settings when the car was switched off (and yes, the comfort memory settings are key specific)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I have noticed that my car loses PCM settings when my wife’s mobile phone connects to the car’s WiFi spot, before the car recognises my phone as the primary phone(?)
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

KufaTec do a dongle that allows permanent auto stop switch off
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

I always use the Sport Synchro option in Sport Plus mode and the Stop/ Start is automatically disabled
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Switches off in sport and above anyway...............
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

cinders wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:33 pm It's a shame you can't turn off auto/start stop permanently - it's a pain in the a**...
You can - there's a connection to the negative terminal of the battery (in the boot) - disconnect this and auto stop/start is permanently disabled. You will simply get a warning in the dash every time you start the car, just as you would when turning it off with the button.
95B.1 turbo in volcano grey with all the trimmings
987.2 Boxster Black Edition