Exhaust button?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Howoodie

Post by Howoodie »

Hi Guys

Only had the turbo a couple of days so still playing with things

The exhaust button doesn’t seem to do much certainly at tickover nothing - is it when we are only going for it ??

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

You should hear a deeper rumble at tickover.

For the proper effect, floor it in first, in Sport Plus. that'll make you smile.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
LVision

Post by LVision »

Not sure if you have a new 2020 Macan Turbo or the Mk 1 with the 3.6 ltr engine. Haven’t finished running mine in as yet so haven’t truly 'pressed on' but this engine is a lot quieter than the former and indeed the 2015 Macan S I had previously. Sports exhaust is standard on the 2020MY and pressing the Exhaust Button seems to make some difference but I’d hardly call it particularly vocal and certainly not sounding like a hooligan ! Think this is true of many new models and results due to changed emission laws, a case in point being a 2017 S3 we also run. This is definitely very vocal with pops, bangs, farts etc without even trying, however in its most recent guise, and indeed SQ2 form, is much quieter then our own. Will be interested to hear of others experience of the Macan.
adam b

Post by adam b »

Saw your other post and you have a 2016 car.

For pre-facelift you can certainly hear a noticeable change in tone and volume, wonder whether yours are stuck open or stuck shut. Or you park in a wind tunnel ;)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

I also have a 2016 turbo and can confirm that the PSE on these cars is much more refined that on the likes of Boxsters/Caymans and 911s.

I am also news to Macans and my experience so far is that you really have to give it some beans for there to be an audible difference from within the cabin. I think this is partly due to the fact that a Macan is more sound proofed than the above cars.

As I am currently the only driver, I haven't yet heard how it sounds from outside the car but I am planning a run through some suitable tunnels with the window down or sunroof open soon!
95B.1 turbo in volcano grey with all the trimmings
987.2 Boxster Black Edition
stag74

Post by stag74 »

Could also be a case of cars from mid-ish 2018 having petrol particulate filters in the exhaust?
Howoodie

Post by Howoodie »

Mine is a sept 2016 turbo I’ll have a look in the daylight as I believe I should be able to see the flap/s moving ?

I must admit I want a growl and some bangs when switched on
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

We have a 2017 Macan S with PSE and our experience is Sport makes the most noticeable difference in exhaust tone, noise & pops, etc. Sport Plus does not pop and fart, particularly on the overrun, as it does in Sport. Having the roof open does help to reduce the effect of the well-insulated Macan.

Vastly different to our 2015 Boxster GTS where the Sport button makes a much more noticeable difference in exhaust tone, noise & pops, etc & the Sport Plus button increases everything again to hooligan levels.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ On my 911 Carrera T, I get the pops & crackles etc on the over-run (which I love) in Sport mode, but not in Sport Plus. Hence I usually drive in Sport mode, often with the suspension set to ‘Sport’ too. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

It makes a big difference at tickover on the SD. And as the revs rise it’s awesome
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.