Exhaust button?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
If you’re in a playful mood (😊) put the stick over into manual, cruise around at 30 ish in second, accelerate a bit then back completely off the throttle. Lovely pops and bangs on the over-run with the exhaust activated, nothing without.

(and yes, flat out gear changes 2-3 and 3-4 without lifting is great fun, but you need a private runway after that!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Guy

Post by Guy »

Howoodie wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:19 pm The exhaust button doesn’t seem to do much ...
Perhaps the speaker (sorry 'soundaktor') attached to the bulkhead has been disconnected by a purist :lol:
adam b

Post by adam b »

Tracky wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:17 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:13 pm Agreed, apart from when the car is in warm up mode for the first minute or so. :geek:
Which is what I said but was ignored
Wasn't ignored by me because my car definitely sounds different from start up when I turn on sport mode

I am going to check this again tomorrow morning
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Except................on original S the fart is there on the standard exhaust.....
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Jimmeh

Post by Jimmeh »

Paul wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:21 am ^^
If you’re in a playful mood (😊) put the stick over into manual, cruise around at 30 ish in second, accelerate a bit then back completely off the throttle. Lovely pops and bangs on the over-run with the exhaust activated, nothing without.

(and yes, flat out gear changes 2-3 and 3-4 without lifting is great fun, but you need a private runway after that!)
Thanks for the tip 👍
fcooke

Post by fcooke »

Hi. I've got a post facelift Turbo. When collected car dealer made me stand at back when he turned on and when through the sports mode.

First thing on mine that was noticeable was that growl deepened as engine warmed up. There was a wait and then you could hear exhaust valves kick in and the noise deepened noticeable. Moving to Sport plus also noticeable outside the car more so than inside. You'll annoy neighbours and with windows up lose benefit inside.... Cabin insulation must be pretty good.

After a while I quite like the balance between normal and sport plus on back roads with windows up and down. Not too intrusive but purposeful best way to describe it. Any louder and it would annoy me on a longer drive.

My motorbike exhaust is definitely non Euro 5 compliant and I like it that way. Sports exhaust on Macan for me is a pretty good switchable compromise.
Don16

Post by Don16 »

The difference from inside is negligible. From the outside when driving the difference is very noticable.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk