Pan roof/Options - Dealer or customer driven?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Roadrunner996

Post by Roadrunner996 »

Good post SmallWheels. I always find it odd that potential owners of new cars become obsessed with resale of their vehicle before they have even bought it !!
Previous: 996.2 C4, 997.1 GT3 CS , Cayman R, Macan GTS

pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:33 pm Congrats, appropriately named small wheels

Interested to hear of the choice in air suspension mind?
I understand that as I am riding around at present on an 18 inch winter wheel set plus Air suspension. Oh, the comfort ..... and I have hit a few potholes on country roads with no damage.

His 4 options are actually the ones I would personally spec first.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SmallWheels wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:29 pm I’ve just ordered a Macan S from Reading Porsche Centre and was very light with the options. I kept most aspects standard including some which may well be controversial:
  • Standard interior as I prefer Alcantara to leather
  • 18 inch wheels as I want a cushy ride and resilience against pot hole damage. I won’t be trying to set a record lap time at the Nurburgring.
  • No pan roof. I’ve never liked brightness coming in the roof as I find it distracting
Just grey paint, air suspension, surround camera, 75l fuel tank and spare wheel.

The salesman was excellent overall and only made a couple of gentle option suggestions – which I didn’t take up. These were for black trim on the side windows and Porsche badges in the wheel centres.

We’re all different. I’m buying the car for me, not for whoever comes along later. Without a load of options I paid less and it should be worth less than heavily optioned cars when I trade in. If it's worth disproportionally less when I trade in I will live with it.
Welcome, SmallWheels! :)

With air suspension and 18” wheels, you will certainly get the must luxurious possible Macan ride!

Nothing wrong with Alcantara and indeed in some camps it is a sought after material. ;)

Porsche badges in the wheel centres come as standard, in monochrome. The optional extra that the salesman suggested was simply paying more to get the coloured Porsche wheel centres.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ianst

Post by ianst »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am
Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 pm
ianst wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Go on then, what are the must haves in your opinion?
GT Silver paint and a pano roof for starters! ;)

Seriously though, Arif has a great track record in buying/selling Porsches and reached the exalted level of a VIP client worthy of getting a new GT3, so his advice is always worth listening to. :)
Thanks for the kind words Simon and it's unfortunate they don't do a Macan in GT Silver!

Must have options on a petrol Macan for me would be: Pan roof, Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust, Seat heating, PASM or Air suspension, reversing camera, Bose, upgraded wheels (RS Sypder, Turbos or Sports Classics).

I like to add other bits like Adaptive cruise but thats a personal choice and probably won't add value.

Upgrading the seats or the leather or adding a grab handle in Alcantara will add absolutely no value on resale.

This is purely from a resale point of view and these are options in my view that will add value come resale.

And of course GTS will always hold better than S in the used market.

Hope that helps
cheers, we went with all of them but the exhaust, and I had a loaner cayenne with the exhaust the other week, and wished i'd ordered it.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

pmg wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:43 pm
Tracky wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:33 pm Congrats, appropriately named small wheels

Interested to hear of the choice in air suspension mind?
I understand that as I am riding around at present on an 18 inch winter wheel set plus Air suspension. Oh, the comfort ..... and I have hit a few potholes on country roads with no damage.

His 4 options are actually the ones I would personally spec first.
Thanks pmg and other commenters. Pleased to see that I'm not in a minority of one when it comes to option choices !

Regarding the wheels and suspension, when I took the test drive I was hugely impressed by the smooth ride in the demo car with air suspension despite the 20 inch wheels and this swung my decision to place an order.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Fair enough, just wondered if it was necessary with smaller wheels.

Enjoy it when it comes
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
adam b

Post by adam b »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am Must have options on a petrol Macan for me would be: Pan roof, Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust, Seat heating, PASM or Air suspension, reversing camera, Bose, upgraded wheels (RS Sypder, Turbos or Sports Classics).
I would agree with all that and add only gloss black window surrounds which is fairly cheap, the metal looks way too old Rover or Jaaaaaaaag
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

adam b wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:29 pm
MacanArif wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am Must have options on a petrol Macan for me would be: Pan roof, Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust, Seat heating, PASM or Air suspension, reversing camera, Bose, upgraded wheels (RS Sypder, Turbos or Sports Classics).
I would agree with all that and add only gloss black window surrounds which is fairly cheap, the metal looks way too old Rover or Jaaaaaaaag
Yes agreed,I should have stated that one too as I've had gloss surrounds on all my Macans too.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Having sold my Macan GTS early 2018 due to health problems (at the time) with ultra low mileage back to the dealership now in the position of being able to order a new Macan GTS.
The problem being what to spec .Macanarif posts are very helpful on suggested options( I enjoy reading his posts)and noted what options he recommends and will add some of these to my order. If I remember there was a post which showed the most desirable body colours and interior colours league table that was shown some time ago on the forum.This would be helpful before lockdown if any member remembers that post I would be very grateful.
As other members rightly post order what best suits you not what the second owner deems desirable. The Configurator is a device which can take up many hours in deciding what to order and feel that posts by other members on what to order is very helpful
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

This week I ordered my GTS but originally had no intention of getting a pan roof for instance until I came on here. I just will never use it and don't get the fuss. According to one OPC I spoke with, on a Macan it can change used values by approx 2k and on a Cayenne it is around the 4k mark. Whether the info I got was right or wrong, I fell for it and ordered with pan roof!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk