Pan roof/Options - Dealer or customer driven?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

I think on balance and expecting to keep the car for 4 years (purchasing not buying on PCP) the risk of problems vs the benefits’ through ownership and increased residual mean I will most likely keep this one in my spec. I think looking at what most folks choose about 70% are pretty consistent (several that should be standard) and picking what you want it often what everyone else wants too.

I do however seem to be the one of the only people selecting a heated front screen, we have previously had a mini and found this to be an excellent option, for me better than a heated wheel (which I also have selected), it always irritated me Audi don’t offer this on any cars - each to their own or am I missing something with teh screen?

From further data searches on the S/GTS current stocks it looks like Grey, black and blue are the most popular colours with red and white after that, then not much else.

Every car has park assist and almost everyone (S, GTS petrol’s) have 20 or 21" wheels and heated seats. After that: heated wheel, privacy glass and pan roof are all apparently "must haves" for the vast majority then around half go with: sports chrono and leather interior, with 90% selecting black for the interior- sorry for the geek summary it’s just something I do :)
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I was told by my dealer that it wasn’t worth it and nothing like as good as the ford/JLR offering.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
peter7

Post by peter7 »

ScotMac wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:35 pm The panoramic roof was always one of my must have options. It makes the interior so much lighter and and also great for ventilation without having to open a window.

I've never has a problem with mine. I have cleaned the drains a couple of times.
Hi , relative newbie here
I have the pan roof , are them some instructions on drain cleaning somewhere ? Or can you enlighten me ?

Peter
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

peter7 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 am
ScotMac wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:35 pm The panoramic roof was always one of my must have options. It makes the interior so much lighter and and also great for ventilation without having to open a window.

I've never has a problem with mine. I have cleaned the drains a couple of times.
Hi , relative newbie here
I have the pan roof , are them some instructions on drain cleaning somewhere ? Or can you enlighten me ?

Peter
Hi,

I have just cleaned the "gutter" around the pan roof and then poured water down the drain holes.

There has never really been much dirt to be honest but I usually have my car in the garage.

Cheers
adam b

Post by adam b »

ScotMac wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:27 pm Hi,

I have just cleaned the "gutter" around the pan roof and then poured water down the drain holes.

Can you describe how? Presumably warm/hot water works better than cold?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

adam b wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:53 pm
ScotMac wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:27 pm Hi,

Can you describe how? Presumably warm/hot water works better than cold?
Nothing too technical. After washing car I fully opened pan roof and wiped around all areas with a damp rag - especially the drainage channel. I think there is a drain hole at either side of the roof. I just poured some cold water down both of the holes. The water drained away and appeared underneath the car so I didn't do anything else. Try and avoid spilling water into the car. ;)

I used a set of steps at the side of the car.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

There's drain holes at the back as well, but you can't get to them without removing the glass. The OPC clean them by coming up from the exit points behind the rear wheel arch liners.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
ianst

Post by ianst »

MacanArif wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:21 pm Must have option for me and for the residuals. I've managed to drive quite a few Porsche and got good resale values because I've specced the car correctly - Pan roof was on every Macan I've had. If you are keeping it forever and it's for you and you are not bothered about residuals then spec what you like.
Go on then, what are the must haves in your opinion?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
VanB

Post by VanB »

Whatever works for you
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

ianst wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:15 pm
MacanArif wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:21 pm Must have option for me and for the residuals. I've managed to drive quite a few Porsche and got good resale values because I've specced the car correctly - Pan roof was on every Macan I've had. If you are keeping it forever and it's for you and you are not bothered about residuals then spec what you like.
Go on then, what are the must haves in your opinion?
GT Silver paint and a pano roof for starters! ;)

Seriously though, Arif has a great track record in buying/selling Porsches and reached the exalted level of a VIP client worthy of getting a new GT3, so his advice is always worth listening to. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018