Pan roof/Options - Dealer or customer driven?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I recently looked at a Macan Turbo outside a JLR dealer that had presumably been traded in. A salesman approached and I mentioned I wasn't interested as it didn't have a sunroof. He said that's what everyone had said, and they were struggling to get rid of it.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 pm
ianst wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:15 pm
MacanArif wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:21 pm Must have option for me and for the residuals. I've managed to drive quite a few Porsche and got good resale values because I've specced the car correctly - Pan roof was on every Macan I've had. If you are keeping it forever and it's for you and you are not bothered about residuals then spec what you like.
Go on then, what are the must haves in your opinion?
GT Silver paint and a pano roof for starters! ;)

Seriously though, Arif has a great track record in buying/selling Porsches and reached the exalted level of a VIP client worthy of getting a new GT3, so his advice is always worth listening to. :)
Thanks for the kind words Simon and it's unfortunate they don't do a Macan in GT Silver!

Must have options on a petrol Macan for me would be: Pan roof, Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust, Seat heating, PASM or Air suspension, reversing camera, Bose, upgraded wheels (RS Sypder, Turbos or Sports Classics).

I like to add other bits like Adaptive cruise but thats a personal choice and probably won't add value.

Upgrading the seats or the leather or adding a grab handle in Alcantara will add absolutely no value on resale.

This is purely from a resale point of view and these are options in my view that will add value come resale.

And of course GTS will always hold better than S in the used market.

Hope that helps
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Agree on all but the sports chrono!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Must have options. Agree with MacanArif on all but Bose.

Have decided to add Sport Chrono to my GTS order, as I feel more appropriate than the Compass that I have on my SD to break up the dash expanse.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:54 pm Must have options. Agree with MacanArif on all but Bose.

Have decided to add Sport Chrono to my GTS order, as I feel more appropriate than the Compass that I have on my SD to break up the dash expanse.
I had high spec 718 loaner recently.

Had a lot of must haves except Bose. I thought it sounded awful!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 am Agree on all but the sports chrono!
Have you owned/driven a sports Chrono car since the introduction of the steering wheel mode switch? That is the facility that persuaded me to add to my order and I do use it a lot?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

pmg wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 pm
Tracky wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 am Agree on all but the sports chrono!
Have you owned/driven a sports Chrono car since the introduction of the steering wheel mode switch? That is the facility that persuaded me to add to my order and I do use it a lot?
Yes as per sig below. I have a 992S which has it. Essential on sports car
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:54 pm Have decided to add Sport Chrono to my GTS order, as I feel more appropriate than the Compass that I have on my SD to break up the dash expanse.
The main reason I've specced is to get the Sport button on the steering wheel.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

I’ve just ordered a Macan S from Reading Porsche Centre and was very light with the options. I kept most aspects standard including some which may well be controversial:

• Standard interior as I prefer Alcantara to leather
  • 18 inch wheels as I want a cushy ride and resilience against pot hole damage. I won’t be trying to set a record lap time at the Nurburgring.
  • No pan roof. I’ve never liked brightness coming in the roof as I find it distracting
Just grey paint, air suspension, surround camera, 75l fuel tank and spare wheel.

The salesman was excellent overall and only made a couple of gentle option suggestions – which I didn’t take up. These were for black trim on the side windows and Porsche badges in the wheel centres.

We’re all different. I’m buying the car for me, not for whoever comes along later. Without a load of options I paid less and it should be worth less than heavily optioned cars when I trade in. If it's worth disproportionally less when I trade in I will live with it.
Last edited by SmallWheels on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Congrats, appropriately named small wheels

Interested to hear of the choice in air suspension mind?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S