OPC tyres prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
CamGTS

Post by CamGTS »

no not used Redpath for algnment but have used http://clcm-autotyre.co.uk/ who are just around the corner from Redpath

65 Rob

Post by 65 Rob »

I need to replace the two rear tyres and I also need to send my car into Reading OPC for a transfer box inspection, so thought I would get them to quote for the tyres and hopefully get both done at the same time.
Did a quick look around online and checked with a couple of local independents, Michelin Latitude are coming in at about £220 each, all in.

Here’s my conversation with Reading;
Me; Can you please quote for two Michelin Latitude 295x35x21 N0
OPC; That will be £1,052 please sir.
Me; It was only two tyres .
OPC; Yes that’s what we have quoted for.
Me; :o :o :o .........ok, I’ll just book it in for the inspection then please.

Now I know they are trying to make up for lost revenue due to the lockdown but that price is ridiculous.
Macan SD, Jet Black Metallic, Panoramic Roof, 21” Turbo’s, PASM, Bose, 14 way Comfort Seats, PDLS + a few other bits.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Reading service are excruciatingly expensive and I’ve stopped taking my car there for anything. I don’t know where you are based but I take my car to Dick Lovett in Swindon who both subscribe to Porsche fixed price servicing (Reading don’t) and are realistic on tyre prices although you can still get tyres cheaper elsewhere
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

65 Rob wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:08 pm I need to replace the two rear tyres and I also need to send my car into Reading OPC for a transfer box inspection, so thought I would get them to quote for the tyres and hopefully get both done at the same time.
Did a quick look around online and checked with a couple of local independents, Michelin Latitude are coming in at about £220 each, all in.

Here’s my conversation with Reading;
Me; Can you please quote for two Michelin Latitude 295x35x21 N0
OPC; That will be £1,052 please sir.
Me; It was only two tyres .
OPC; Yes that’s what we have quoted for.
Me; :o :o :o .........ok, I’ll just book it in for the inspection then please.

Now I know they are trying to make up for lost revenue due to the lockdown but that price is ridiculous.
Fully agree, that’s just Bollocks. P Zeros or Michelin Sport 3 £215 to £220 via Black Circle and you choose the supplying fitter. Although I always get a quote first and then ring DL Swindon, happy to pay a little more as they pay more attention to the wheel care, overall rebalancing and old weight glue removal. Purchased 2 fronts In March P Zero’s 21” £500
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Would be interested to hear comments about Redpath. Expecting them to be a cut above other fitters as a PPC.

Porsche Edinburgh tried really hard to match tyre prices for me but lost the business
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Salty

Post by Salty »

I haven’t had to buy new tyres for a while but the last time I did my OPC in Newcastle price matched.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

OPC's buy through the tyre trade, often a wholesaler like Stapletons. So you are paying for two profit mark-up margins. Seek out a reputable tyre retailer that has excellent fitting, balancing and 4-wheel alignment machinery. That way you will pay less and get great attention to detail.

My last purchase of a set of 19" Michelin Sport Latitude 3s in January cost £573 inc fitting, balancing, casing disposal and VAT for these 4 tyres from the Micheldever local Protyre depot. https://www.micheldever.co.uk/ The wheel alignment was checked for free.

Blackcircles.com is a good on-line source and will give you bench mark pricing for the correct N-spec Porsche approved tyres.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I have to agree with VanB and MikeM.

As I’ve posted previously, I got a Dick Lovett Porsche Centre to virtually price match Black Circles. This involved me paying a final fitted price for 4 new Michelin tyres that was almost half their original quote and got very close to the Black Circles price.

I have found that DL centres are pretty fair and are usually up for a bit of negotiation. Just don’t expect a discount on a new car order, although there is often scope to haggle on other services/extras. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Good to "hear" from you Simon. You've been missing from this Forum for a while.....
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I got another puncture in the 911 a couple of weeks ago

Got £100 off my OPCs first quote for two tyres whic was close enough to black circles for me to use the OPC. Much prefer one of their team working around my car than an unknown
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S