Fixed Price Servicing

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

I purchased my 68 plate Base Macan from Porsche Centre Nottingham last April and love it, when I purchased it I was informed an oil change is £295 which is high but expected of a Porsche dealer and therefore acceptable. I phoned Nottingham today to book it in to be informed the price is £350, there's been no change to the minor and major service prices on the fixed price service list therefore I'm at a loss regarding the price hike for the oil service. I enquired at Sheffield and Leicester Porsche Centres to be informed they complete a Macan oil change for £299 and £280 respectively. Allegedly oil change prices aren't covered by the fixed price servicing scheme therefore each dealer or parent company can set their own oil change price. Whilst I appreciate Porsche independents will charge less I'd prefer the first couple of services be completed by an OPC, I'm stunned that Porsche Nottingham are charging up to £70 more than other OPCs just for an oil change, unbelievable. Has anybody else had the same experience, I certainly won't be recommending Porsche Centre Nottingham to anybody, the cynic in me would say they appear to be inflating the oil service charge to cover the fact the minor and major services are are fixed..... :o
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

Roadrunner996

Post by Roadrunner996 »

Ask Nottingham what they will charge if you supply your own approved oil.......
Previous: 996.2 C4, 997.1 GT3 CS , Cayman R, Macan GTS
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

I tried the you'll push me to purchase my next Porsche elsewhere card but they weren't interested even the receptionist seemed uninterested unlike Sheffield and Leicester. I recon my Porsche days are numbered when a dealer behaves like this.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Some dealers just like to treat their customers as mugs. Simples, take the car to another dealer for the service. Most must pay what they've been ask and suck it. The dealers will be happy to charge as much as the customer will stand, why not its more profit. You don't have to play their game, just walk away. If they start loosing significant work they will quickly review their prices.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Guy

Post by Guy »

Just shop around, and view any ‘fixed price’ as the maximum you’ll pay.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Also worth pointing out that a 12 month oil change is a personal option and not part of the recommended schedule (unless the car us asking for it in-which case it becomes a minor service)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Paul wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:13 pm Also worth pointing out that a 12 month oil change is a personal option and not part of the recommended schedule (unless the car us asking for it in-which case it becomes a minor service)
That's interesting, my Macan is telling me an oil change is due in March and the 20,000 miles minor service in December. Sheffield OPC informed me the minor and major are part of the fixed price servicing scheme whilst the oil change isn't. My Macan will be 16mths old in March it's only done 7500miles therefore an oil change seems a little premature on a 2.0 engine using synthetic oil. Allegedly Porsche use variable servicing, I purchased in April last year and no matter how I've driven it the oil change has always been shown as March, the Audi's I've owned showed the service date moving depending how I drove them. I'm going to book her into Leicester which is a 22 mile longer round trip but worth it to save £70.00.

Porsche owners have paid a fortune for their Porsches, my advice to anyone reading this is given Nottingham Porsche Centre are overcharging on top of already over inflated service charges take your Porsche elsewhere, hit them where it hurts, in their pocket rather than be ripped off... :evil:
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
If you strike up a good relationship you’ll be fine👍

But here’s an awkward question for the service receptionist; what will they charge for your minor service in December when the car reaches its’ 2nd birthday? They will need to subtract the cost of the oil change surely.....!😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi RickZ, My 2.0 is also asking for an oil change in 03/20 with just 4,000 miles since new in Dec 2018, the first interim service is still due at 2yrs (12/20)
My local OPC is Tewkesbury (Part of the Dick Lovett group) who have confirmed the early oil change fixed price is £300, this is then deducted from the cost of the fixed price interim service (£525) when it falls due later in the year (will not want the oil changed again so soon after).
So will just pay £225 for the balance of the work on the first service. The next oil change will then probably fall before the next service due in 12/22, a bit of a pain having to book the car in twice in the same year but at least by booking early you get to choose from their current range of courtesy cars on offer so have opted for a Boxster for the day, the price we have to pay for low mileage usage eh!
Robbie
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Now that Gen2 petrol cars have a GPF, as we have all noticed, we have also been moved to low saps oil. The viscosity of this oil means that some will get into engine and on shorter trips will not be fully burnt which causes the particles that the car is now measuring. Low mileage should be fine, its short journeys (just like DPF) that will accelerate the need for an early oil change.

For those interested in understannding low-SAPS ... https://en.oelcheck.com/wiki/Low_SAPS_or_low_ash

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981