New GTS, March build date

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

adam b wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:02 am
PaulR wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 pm 4. All Macan GTS demonstrators and press cars sticking with 20" wheels
https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9559&sid=a36e3afb15497402a7831351996853bb
Okay, I'll eat my words!! :oops: This was true a few years ago with the previous GTS. However most of the Portugal press-launch cars seem to have 21" wheels. However these do of course all have air suspension. As I keep saying, it's imperative to specify air suspension with 21" wheels.

I note the following from the AutoCar review. Not clear whether this is down to the larger wheels or the lowered suspension as implied. I suspect it's the larger wheels:
AutoCar wrote: If there’s a criticism it’s that the ride isn’t as cosseting as you’d expect. Sport and Sport+ deliver absolute body control, but mid-corner bumps can have the car hopping and skipping a little. Normal gives a little more compliance, the GTS breathing more easily with the surface, but there’s some lumpiness at low speeds as the shorter travel suspension struggles with sharper and more ragged imperfections.
I suspect this wouldn't be an issue with 20" wheels.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

pmg

Post by pmg »

PaulR wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:16 pm
adam b wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:02 am
PaulR wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 pm 4. All Macan GTS demonstrators and press cars sticking with 20" wheels
https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9559&sid=a36e3afb15497402a7831351996853bb
Okay, I'll eat my words!! :oops: This was true a few years ago with the previous GTS. However most of the Portugal press-launch cars seem to have 21" wheels. However these do of course all have air suspension. As I keep saying, it's imperative to specify air suspension with 21" wheels.

I note the following from the AutoCar review. Not clear whether this is down to the larger wheels or the lowered suspension as implied. I suspect it's the larger wheels:
AutoCar wrote: If there’s a criticism it’s that the ride isn’t as cosseting as you’d expect. Sport and Sport+ deliver absolute body control, but mid-corner bumps can have the car hopping and skipping a little. Normal gives a little more compliance, the GTS breathing more easily with the surface, but there’s some lumpiness at low speeds as the shorter travel suspension struggles with sharper and more ragged imperfections.
I suspect this wouldn't be an issue with 20" wheels.
What Car make the same point on worse ride preferring the S because of the issue. They think it is down to the lowering and then stiffening.

[url]https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-porsche-macan-gts-review-price-specs-and-release-date/n20944? [/url]
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

AutoCar wrote: As before, the chassis is treated to a 15mm drop over the standard car, making the GTS the lowest model in the Macan range - although if you go for optional air suspension the ride is only 10mm lower.
This is incorrect. Air suspension GTS cars are an extra 10mm lower than the steel suspension ones. So 25mm lower than the standard car.

And that's just the 'normal' setting. They're an additional 10mm lower in the 'lower' setting. So 35mm lower than the standard car.
Current - Macan III GTS
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Not all launch cars are on air................................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

bennachie wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:12 am Not all launch cars are on air................................
I understand all the 21" wheels are air, and the 20" wheels are a mixture. I'm intrigued more than anyone else to find out what specs the reviewers are testing against, in particular to find out how the suspension setups compare. I've watched as many YouTube reviews and read as many web reviews as I can over the last day!!

It doesn't help when many of the reviews show press photos or shots that don't relate to the physical car being reviewed.
Current - Macan III GTS
pmg

Post by pmg »

PaulR wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:16 pm
bennachie wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:12 am Not all launch cars are on air................................
I understand all the 21" wheels are air, and the 20" wheels are a mixture. I'm intrigued more than anyone else to find out what specs the reviewers are testing against, in particular to find out how the suspension setups compare. I've watched as many YouTube reviews and read as many web reviews as I can over the last day!!

It doesn't help when many of the reviews show press photos or shots that don't relate to the physical car being reviewed.
From the recently posted Pistonhead review from Portugal sessions. "The GTS gets steel springs as standard, but all the cars on the Portuguese launch had the upgraded air springs"
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Congrats on the order, I bet you can’t wait to get your hands on it. I totally empathise with your choice of colour. I am a fan of the Volcano Grey and it’s hard with such a limited selection of colours to change to something else when you know you love a specific colour.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Update,
GTS now in UK and expecting to collect around Wednesday next week. Will be interesting to compare the mk1 to mk2
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hedgehog wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:37 am Update,
GTS now in UK and expecting to collect around Wednesday next week. Will be interesting to compare the mk1 to mk2
Good news! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
LVision

Post by LVision »

Yes congrats on its UK arrival, you will be looking forward to collection day I’m sure, don’t forget to post some pictures for us.