New GTS, March build date

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
LVision

Post by LVision »

Hi Hedgehog, like your choice of build and congrats on your choice. Build slot isn’t that far way and am sure you are going to be pleased with the Gen 2. I recently swapped out my 2015 S for a Gen 2 Turbo and have found that the changes made really improve the overall package. Well done again looking forward to seeing some pictures when it arrives.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

PaulR wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:15 pm
MCDK wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm The 21” Sports Classics have to be the easiest wheel ever to clean. I am very very fussy about cleaning and they are just so open it’s easy to get right in behind and wash all the inner surfaces. Really speeds the washing and drying of them.
Easy to clean, but will ruin the GTS ride and handling. Honestly - buy Wheel Woolies, they really do make light work of cleaning the Sypders! I cannot recommend them enough. While I bought the set comprising small, medium and large brushes, I found the large the best on the Spyders.
Ummmmm no it doesn't ruin the ride and handling at all. Had a GTS with 21s for 3 years and ride is just fine. I actually drive in sports dampers setting as I find comfort too soft and wallowy. Each to their own but the ruin comment is a bit of an exaggeration.
LVision

Post by LVision »

Another vote for Sport Dampers setting on 21 inch (without Air Suspension)
Am89

Post by Am89 »

My 17” turbo runs 21” on air and the ride is great. Occasionally I’ll use sport throttle and dampers and I still find this decent on Uk roads
ZeroIsAsZeroDoes

Post by ZeroIsAsZeroDoes »

Hey dude,

I replaced my Macan Turbo Gen1 with the Macan Turbo Gen2 and the car is soulless in comparison.
Ok, you get a bit more power and a bigger screen ... but that's all you're gonna get (sorry, just managing your expectations).
I wish i never chopped my old one in and got the new one.
3 calls from the sales man and a ludicrous discount convinced me to do it ... but words can no describe how much i regret my decision.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Interesting comparison between Gen 1 and Gen 2. Give us more detail please on what your experiences are.
Am89

Post by Am89 »

ZeroIsAsZeroDoes wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:05 pm Hey dude,

I replaced my Macan Turbo Gen1 with the Macan Turbo Gen2 and the car is soulless in comparison.
Ok, you get a bit more power and a bigger screen ... but that's all you're gonna get (sorry, just managing your expectations).
I wish i never chopped my old one in and got the new one.
3 calls from the sales man and a ludicrous discount convinced me to do it ... but words can no describe how much i regret my decision.
What do u dislike about the Gen2? Engine, handling, brakes? Really like the look of the new one
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

All good comments chaps. At the end of the day I guess it comes down to personal preferences. EG: Some people love the air suspension but for others it doesn’t work. I remember a thread on here a few years ago where it may someone feel so carsick that they had to get rid of their new Macan Turbo!

I loved the Spyder wheels on our previous Macan but fancied a suttle change. The gloss black turbo wheels Should be slightly easier to clean than the satin wheels . Oh, and I have the wheel woolies :D
I still have to clean the satin black wheels on the 911 but I don’t mind that so much :D
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I really want to hear what the new GTS will sound like.

I have held back ordering even though I thought I'd be one of the first on the list when it was released. I spoke to the dealer today and even though they haven't had one come through, they've said it will be quieter.

It's just about how much quieter it will be and whether the excitement you get when starting up will be dampened.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

You could test drive the new 2.9 Tubo as its the same engine in a lower state of tune for the GTS.

I did just this an IMO did not think it had the depth of sound on start up as the previous GTS. The PPF probably has something to do with it too. Once extended through the mid to upper rev range, and with the windows open, it did sound more fruity.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver