New GTS, March build date

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Arthur66

Post by Arthur66 »

Wondered if you have taken up any of the OPC’s extra care products?

salmo

Post by salmo »

Did you not consider any other colour combinations over the same as your existing VG?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

My new GTS is being delivered to me next Wed. Not sure how I feel about it now though in this difficult time. :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm My new GTS is being delivered to me next Wed. Not sure how I feel about it now though in this difficult time. :oops:
Right now the country is all doom and gloom. At least this Wednesday you'll have a reason for smiling :D .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

salmo wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 pm Did you not consider any other colour combinations over the same as your existing VG?
I looked at other colour options but just kept going back to VG.
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless you have some special secret arrangement you’re not going to get your car this week. Porsche has shut down in the UK.

I’m in the same situation. My car arrived at the OPC a week or so ago. Due to a number of c**k-ups it wasn’t possible to collect it today as had been arranged and now I’ve had a call to say everything is closed from tonight onwards. On the upside when they do re-open everything will be on the way back up and I’d rather be collecting an expensive new car in a positive atmosphere than what we have now.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

SmallWheels wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:54 pm Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless you have some special secret arrangement you’re not going to get your car this week. Porsche has shut down in the UK.

I’m in the same situation. My car arrived at the OPC a week or so ago. Due to a number of c**k-ups it wasn’t possible to collect it today as had been arranged and now I’ve had a call to say everything is closed from tonight onwards. On the upside when they do re-open everything will be on the way back up and I’d rather be collecting an expensive new car in a positive atmosphere than what we have now.
Maybe not - Synter email extract I received this afternoon. This indicates they will close 24th, cars in for repair will be completed and new car hand overs completed, not sure who run your OPC, if Synter you could be ok, if another maybe:

For these reasons, the Board of Directors have taken the decision to close all Sytner Group showrooms to customers from close of business tomorrow, Tuesday 24th March.

Our workshops will however remain open until work already booked in is complete and will then support the sales teams to prepare purchased cars for delivery to our customers. Once this has been completed, our workshops will close to customers, with a number remaining open to support key workers.

We will also continue to support customers who wish to purchase cars, by launching a buy online option on our website. This will be live within the next few days and will allow you to obtain a part exchange valuation, apply for finance and have your car delivered, all without having to leave your home.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^ Travelling to collect or deliver a new car is now illegal.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm My new GTS is being delivered to me next Wed. Not sure how I feel about it now though in this difficult time. :oops:
Not happening now of course. Will not be RFL taxed until it can be delivered in the future. It will be stored securely indoors at the OPC. Probably for the best in these pandemic circumstances.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Arthur66 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:42 am Wondered if you have taken up any of the OPC’s extra care products?
Not great value imho.
Plenty of after care and other services available elsewhere.
For instance, ALA gap insurance is almost half the price as the same offered by Porsche
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)