New GTS, March build date

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Hi all, So, decided to bite the bullet and replace our current GTS with the Gen 2.
Locked down yesterday for early March build so should have by early April.
Very similar spec to previous (Volcano grey, extended GTS leather with red stitching etc)

Main differences
-No pano roof + noise insulating privacy glass ( we use a roof box for European tours and have experienced a fair amount of noise at motorway speeds)
-20” Turbo wheels in black gloss (love the GTS Spyders but not so easy to keep clean and fancied a change.)
-LED headlights in black
-Heated Windscreen
-Heated sports steering wheel

Porsche code PLSW19N1 for anyone interested
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Congratulations on your new build.

I have twin spoke alloys on my current Macan and find them hard to clean between the spokes where they meet the rim. :twisted: Having looked at the std fit black GTS wheel have decided to give them a go.

We should both be on the road with our new GTS' at the same time! :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Hedgehog!

Congrats on the new GTS order! :)

Volcano Grey with GTS Interior Package in red sounds & looks like a classy combo, although if ordering my second Macan GTS, I might have been tempted to change up the exterior colour. ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Sounds nice, did u consider the 21” sport classics? Something a bit different. Will be nice either way - sure they’re around £650 in silver on the configurator
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Nice looking spec.

I like the red seat belts :D :D :D
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The 21” Sports Classics have to be the easiest wheel ever to clean. I am very very fussy about cleaning and they are just so open it’s easy to get right in behind and wash all the inner surfaces. Really speeds the washing and drying of them.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Thanks guys, I considered the sports classics, which look great but I didn’t want to go to 21”.
Mainly due to winter tyre options and euro trips.
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

MCDK wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm The 21” Sports Classics have to be the easiest wheel ever to clean. I am very very fussy about cleaning and they are just so open it’s easy to get right in behind and wash all the inner surfaces. Really speeds the washing and drying of them.
Easy to clean, but will ruin the GTS ride and handling. Honestly - buy Wheel Woolies, they really do make light work of cleaning the Sypders! I cannot recommend them enough. While I bought the set comprising small, medium and large brushes, I found the large the best on the Spyders.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

I liked the spyders, but compared to the turbos they were much flatter and I like the multi spoke design.

I disagree on the ride impact with the larger rims, we drove 21's with and without PASM and found both to be very good. I currently have 19" (35 profiles) wheels on my A4 and ride pretty decent. The 21s without PASM is much better than the Audi on 19s and with PASM slightly better again; PASM was not a huge difference to us so did not consider air suspension, as I know many do.

Our Cayman is on 20s with no PASM and we find that is very compliant, we decided PASM not needed when we tested both, so I guess ride comfort is another subjective thing. For me Porsche vs Audi the Porsche chassis and suspension is just so much better regardless of wheel size.

Large wheels look better and make the car easier to sell - I do like wheels so biased.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

My winters are 19 and summer 21, no PASM, no difference. Both good. Winter tyre noise 'slightly' louder...........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'