New GTS, March build date

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8491
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Paul » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:33 pm

Just checked my 992 (for whenever.....)

I have to assume to the 409g “low” figure in a misprint.....😳

36E04D91-C355-411C-AE58-B2E3B2A0A70B.png


...so which figure do they actually use...?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

User avatar
PaulR
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 am

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by PaulR » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm

Paul wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:33 pm

I have to assume to the 409g “low” figure in a misprint.....😳
...so which figure do they actually use...?
409 g/km is correct, as the low emissions cycle simulates urban driving. Emissions per kilometre is higher at lower speeds.

They use the combined figure for tax purposes. So 241 g/km in your case.
Current - 2020 Macan GTS
All previous - 2018 Macan GTS, Audi S3, Lotus Elise S2, Lotus Elan S2, Honda CRX VTEC, Ford XR2

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8491
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Paul » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:44 pm

PaulR wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm
Paul wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:33 pm

I have to assume to the 409g “low” figure in a misprint.....😳
...so which figure do they actually use...?
409 g/km is correct, as the low emissions cycle simulates urban driving. Emissions per kilometre is higher at lower speeds.

They use the combined figure for tax purposes. So 241 g/km in your case.
👍 so not quite top of the table....😂 (but getting close!)

(It was £1335 if it had be registered in March....now looks like £1850....☹️☹️)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Macananon
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Macananon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:32 am

Paul wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:44 pm
PaulR wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm
Paul wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:33 pm

I have to assume to the 409g “low” figure in a misprint.....😳
...so which figure do they actually use...?
409 g/km is correct, as the low emissions cycle simulates urban driving. Emissions per kilometre is higher at lower speeds.

They use the combined figure for tax purposes. So 241 g/km in your case.
👍 so not quite top of the table....😂 (but getting close!)

(It was £1335 if it had be registered in March....now looks like £1850....☹️☹️)
On a plus Side, think of the saving from no depreciation if you had the car in march, but it was just sitting there doing nothing.

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8491
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Paul » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:30 am

^^

👍 AND the finance agreement hasn’t started yet, so a “saving” there too! 😉😊
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Arthur66
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Arthur66 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:14 pm

Anyone in the forum having second thoughts on going through with their upcoming purchase. I’m interested if people believe new Porsche buyers are in a stronger position negotiating with dealers post COVID, or am I living in an fantasy dreamland 😂

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8491
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Paul » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:27 pm

^^
You might get some deals on physical cancelled orders (of which there have been a few) but I sincerely hope Porsche will carry on protecting their residuals....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

User avatar
PaulR
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 am

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by PaulR » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:51 am

Arthur66 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:14 pm
Anyone in the forum having second thoughts on going through with their upcoming purchase. I’m interested if people believe new Porsche buyers are in a stronger position negotiating with dealers post COVID, or am I living in an fantasy dreamland 😂
Yes, I think about this all the time. I don't know what to do.
Current - 2020 Macan GTS
All previous - 2018 Macan GTS, Audi S3, Lotus Elise S2, Lotus Elan S2, Honda CRX VTEC, Ford XR2

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8491
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:19 am

PaulR wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:51 am
Arthur66 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:14 pm
Anyone in the forum having second thoughts on going through with their upcoming purchase. I’m interested if people believe new Porsche buyers are in a stronger position negotiating with dealers post COVID, or am I living in an fantasy dreamland 😂
Yes, I think about this all the time. I don't know what to do.
I think, in your particular circumstance (and mine) with built cars in the UK, we don’t really have a choice.
If you had, for example, a pipeline order you might be in a stronger position, with a threat to cancel unless a gesture was forthcoming.
Ultimately, if your financial situation has moved significantly then its probably not wise.
If your revenue stream is fairly stable and the cost to change is still manageable then carry on (having first, of course threatened to cancel.....😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

pmg
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by pmg » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:56 am

I suspect the cleaner air impact of lockdown is going to trigger a legislative backlash against high CO2 ICE purchases. So those keen on multi-cylinder high capacity powerful ice's the next few months could be last chance for a purchase. So if you want a GTS etc and have one ordered and your finances permit, those who do cancel could well have regrets.

I admit there is a danger of those with such cars having there use restricted.

To those who say this is an extreme view, I say think of Carrie's influence on Boris.

I hope OPC's with cars awaiting delivery are keeping their batteries charged etc and looking after them properly.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Post Reply