New GTS, March build date

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Post Reply
Arthur66
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Arthur66 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:42 am

Wondered if you have taken up any of the OPC’s extra care products?

salmo
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: Ayrshire Scotland

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by salmo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Did you not consider any other colour combinations over the same as your existing VG?

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by SAC1 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm

My new GTS is being delivered to me next Wed. Not sure how I feel about it now though in this difficult time. :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

On-Track
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by On-Track » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:22 am

SAC1 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm
My new GTS is being delivered to me next Wed. Not sure how I feel about it now though in this difficult time. :oops:
Right now the country is all doom and gloom. At least this Wednesday you'll have a reason for smiling :D .
Peter

On Order: GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Going- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Hedgehog
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Hedgehog » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:43 am

salmo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 pm
Did you not consider any other colour combinations over the same as your existing VG?
I looked at other colour options but just kept going back to VG.
GTS Volcano Grey
Arrived 25 March 2020
Porsche Code PLW2GRT7

SmallWheels
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by SmallWheels » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless you have some special secret arrangement you’re not going to get your car this week. Porsche has shut down in the UK.

I’m in the same situation. My car arrived at the OPC a week or so ago. Due to a number of c**k-ups it wasn’t possible to collect it today as had been arranged and now I’ve had a call to say everything is closed from tonight onwards. On the upside when they do re-open everything will be on the way back up and I’d rather be collecting an expensive new car in a positive atmosphere than what we have now.
2020 Macan S now on the road: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3

User avatar
kmacuk
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:55 pm
Location: Scotland, Glasgow

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by kmacuk » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 pm

SmallWheels wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:54 pm
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless you have some special secret arrangement you’re not going to get your car this week. Porsche has shut down in the UK.

I’m in the same situation. My car arrived at the OPC a week or so ago. Due to a number of c**k-ups it wasn’t possible to collect it today as had been arranged and now I’ve had a call to say everything is closed from tonight onwards. On the upside when they do re-open everything will be on the way back up and I’d rather be collecting an expensive new car in a positive atmosphere than what we have now.
Maybe not - Synter email extract I received this afternoon. This indicates they will close 24th, cars in for repair will be completed and new car hand overs completed, not sure who run your OPC, if Synter you could be ok, if another maybe:

For these reasons, the Board of Directors have taken the decision to close all Sytner Group showrooms to customers from close of business tomorrow, Tuesday 24th March.

Our workshops will however remain open until work already booked in is complete and will then support the sales teams to prepare purchased cars for delivery to our customers. Once this has been completed, our workshops will close to customers, with a number remaining open to support key workers.

We will also continue to support customers who wish to purchase cars, by launching a buy online option on our website. This will be live within the next few days and will allow you to obtain a part exchange valuation, apply for finance and have your car delivered, all without having to leave your home.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

User avatar
Nuclear Nick
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Nuclear Nick » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 am

^^^ Travelling to collect or deliver a new car is now illegal.
Nick

Macan Turbo, collected 6/9/16 - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHPDB6Z7

911 C2 GTS, collected 8/3/18 - http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKUPBX8

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by SAC1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 am

SAC1 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm
My new GTS is being delivered to me next Wed. Not sure how I feel about it now though in this difficult time. :oops:
Not happening now of course. Will not be RFL taxed until it can be delivered in the future. It will be stored securely indoors at the OPC. Probably for the best in these pandemic circumstances.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Hedgehog
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: New GTS, March build date

Post by Hedgehog » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:37 am

Arthur66 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:42 am
Wondered if you have taken up any of the OPC’s extra care products?
Not great value imho.
Plenty of after care and other services available elsewhere.
For instance, ALA gap insurance is almost half the price as the same offered by Porsche
GTS Volcano Grey
Arrived 25 March 2020
Porsche Code PLW2GRT7

Post Reply