Obtaining A Discount

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I've always believed that Porsche do not give discounts or "dealer contributions" and I certainly have never received one myself, but I have read on here a few times of people being given a discount and, according to one member, a huge discount.

Is Porsche weakening on this stance and are they open to discount? If so, what percentage could one expect?
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

There were some giving discounts on stock model Macan 2.0 and some also on the stock Cayenne Coupe dependant on the OPC. You may get some on other stocked models depending how long the dealer has held it, but for a new order? Good luck with that thought 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
LVision

Post by LVision »

If it’s a Factory order you will be very very lucky to get a discount however if it is a stock/showroom car (Porsche U.K. often press these on to the OPC's) you may be able to negotiate a discount (often on trade in value) if they are short of their quota. Not impossible can be done but not published widely.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

It would be a factory order and I can understand more so a discount given on a stock car.

Whilst I have heard of some forum members receiving a discount I couldn’t say whether the cars referred to were factory order or stock.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 am It would be a factory order and I can understand more so a discount given on a stock car.

Whilst I have heard of some forum members receiving a discount I couldn’t say whether the cars referred to were factory order or stock.
yes you can receive a discount on a factory order, although it won't be massive (2%)- I can put you in touch with a dealer that might be more sympathetic if you PM me.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Not sure if it was me being referred to in the "massive" discount but there were some great deals to be had around Christmas on Cayenne coupes. These were all physical cars at dealerships so it was a take it or leave it on the spec and colour. They were all supposedly demo cars but most had only normal delivery millage, mine was 27 or something and even managed it get it registered this year. Most of the best deals seem to have been snapped up now on the Porsche website and most now cost closer to full list. Just a temporary oversupply similar to the Macan situation mentioned earlier that if your lucky and the spec suits you can be a great deal. Oversupply is not a normal Porsche situation so as with my previous cars it a matter of a small gift gesture at best.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Deleted User 3551

Post by Deleted User 3551 »

Hi Bazza,

If it helps, when ordering a factory build Macan 2.0 - 3 or so weeks ago - the OPC wouldn't 'discount', but agreed to up my trade in from £2,700 subject to inspection to £3,300, plus the ceramic finish (£660 to the punter, apparantly £300 or so cost for the OPC) for free. I think the trade in value took me to within a hundred or two of the level I could have achieved through a private sale and was very fair indeed.
16elmsgdns

Post by 16elmsgdns »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 am It would be a factory order and I can understand more so a discount given on a stock car.

Hi, I am looking for a new Macan i been offered a low value on a 2015 F-Type Jaguar, if you or any member can PM any Porsche Dealer that can offer a Discount, Thanks in advance
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ MacanArif may be able to assist...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Echoing above re MacanArif.

Also, it is quite clear that a discount on a factory build is difficult to achieve and if you do manage one, it's not going to be big money of the likes you will get from BMW, Mercedes and Audi for example.

Yes, Rab J, it was you I was referring to regarding the massive discount, I didn't realise though that it related to a stock car.

They know they have a great product which they do not need to rely on dealer contributions to achieve sales.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver