Factory tyres

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
nick265sprint

Post by nick265sprint »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:53 am
ecmacan wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:40 pm

There aren’t any.
Thanks for the swift response! Interesting... looks like I have no choice but to stick with 20” turbos!
Some/many folks change wheels as well as tyres for winter. So you could have say 21” wheels with summer tyres, and a ‘winter set’ of say 18” wheels with winter tyres.

I run 20” wheels with summer tyres (just bought new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres for these) and 19” wheels with winter tyres on my Carrera T. :geek:
The PS4S are a great tyre, excellent choice. Ran those all last year and gave great grip when pushing on including a couple of wet track days & IoM trip.
Black SD, Pan Roof,18 way seats, Nav, PCM, PASM etc
Avid car collector :D really should sell some ;)

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Thanks! Good to hear! On the Rennlist 991 forum, these Michelins seem to be pretty much universally preferred to the Pirelli P-Zeroes.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

My OPC (Tonbridge) insist that they cannot store wheels and tyres any more despite the fact that they've spent millions on a very smart new workshop and showroom.
They charge me £77 for 2 guys to drive to my place (about 12 miles) to collect the wheels. I then make an appointment to drive to Tonbridge and wait while they invariably spend an hour and a half doing the swap. They always offer to valet the car, but have never had the time!
A couple of days later, the men in the van come back and hump the nicely cleaned wheels into my garage.

Bit of a faff but it works for me and I can gloat at the new machinery while I drink their coffee.
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

oldpilot wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:51 pm My OPC (Tonbridge) insist that they cannot store wheels and tyres any more despite the fact that they've spent millions on a very smart new workshop and showroom.
They charge me £77 for 2 guys to drive to my place (about 12 miles) to collect the wheels. I then make an appointment to drive to Tonbridge and wait while they invariably spend an hour and a half doing the swap. They always offer to valet the car, but have never had the time!
A couple of days later, the men in the van come back and hump the nicely cleaned wheels into my garage.

Bit of a faff but it works for me and I can gloat at the new machinery while I drink their coffee.
Just to clear up, do you have 2 sets of wheels & tyres? if so would be good to hear what set ups you have for summer and winter,

Cheers
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

ecmacan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 am Hi folks, Silly question - but just wondering if I were to do factory order and say I’ve specified the 20” turbo wheels - which tyres come with them? Will they be all season tyres? Which make/model of tyres come with the 20” turbo wheels?
When A/S tyres were available they were a ticked option. The brand of tyre on your selected wheel will vary, tyres are fitted to wheels away from the production line and brought in alongside the wheel fitting section. It's a non-stop 'just in time' procedure, great to see.
As for Winters v Summers in the UK, I have had a 2nd set of wheels for the last four cars, I have found winters essential in low temperatures for well documented reasons. My Panamera was awful on its 20" summers in cold weather, the 19" winters gave a sublime ride, and if it does snow, you're well set up. It's a modest cost to be safer and better prepared.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

My S rides on 21 in the summer and 19 during the wetter/colder/snow ridden winter months. Very little ride difference (good to excellent IMO) and only slightly more tyre noise on winters (as you would expect with winter block treads) which is only noticeable with the radio off and if you really listen.
Performance in the wet and cold is vastly superior on the 19s and 'dry' summers ???? The 21s excel. As you would expect.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'