GTS On Order

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Finally, I bit the bullet and put in an order for a GTS.

I've changed the spec so many times but still ended up with a vehicle post ยฃ71K and still I may change up to the date I have to commit.

I started the process by selecting the GTS Plus and then deselected or added options as I went through that spec.

On my previous Macan I had the 18 way seats. For the GTS I have ditched these and will stay with the standard 8 way.

When I had the 18 ways I didn't get the most out of the memory function as it was only me that drove it and, frustratingly, whenever it went in to Porsche they must have done something to clear the memory as I ended up having to reprogramme them each time. So I chose to save ยฃ1263 on these.

I like lights, so I have selected the Comfort Light package, Porsche logo door courtesy lights and the illuminated "Macan GTS" in black brushed aluminium.

Does anyone know if the GTS comes with door courtesy lights as standard if the Porsche logo are not selected?

Looking forward to getting back into a Macan.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLFF9QJ8
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Paul

Post by Paul »

Wow! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hadnโ€™t realised coloured side-blade logos were now a factory option and your choice of red looks really smart, tying in with the interior...

Very close to my spec.....you wonโ€™t be disappointed Barry ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Nice Bazza, no holding back!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Paul wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:56 pm Wow! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hadnโ€™t realised coloured side-blade logos were now a factory option and your choice of red looks really smart, tying in with the interior...

Very close to my spec.....you wonโ€™t be disappointed Barry ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thanks Paul. Iโ€™d seen your GTS previously, itโ€™s a great colour and nice spec.
The side blades are not a chargeable option, they were on my previous SD, not sure though for the previous gen GTS.

As you noticed, the GTS logo does carry a charge. I thought it would tie in with the callipers (after running it by my Mrs) and then I saw someone else on the forum had specโ€™d black gloss handles and I changed my original spec to include those.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Partysausage wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:01 pm Nice Bazza, no holding back!
No, youโ€™re right :D
I have this problem with not knowing quite where to draw the line. Itโ€™s not as though money is no object either.

It was a wrench to drop the seats but I convinced myself for the reasons previously stated.

My previous Macan was well specโ€™d and when I went to sell it there was no other with as many options so it helped gain an advantage.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
ecmacan

Post by ecmacan »

Nice build. Congratulations!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great looking spec :D :D
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Great build. I still have time to tie mine down so keep changing things! Posts like yours makes it worse!!!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Bazza06 wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:04 pm Does anyone know if the GTS comes with door courtesy lights as standard if the Porsche logo are not selected?
Fantastic spec Bazza. Clearly someone who understands the GTS! I used the'GTS Plus' spec as my baseline too.

Re your question, no, the GTS comes with nothing. The Comfort Lighting Package is needed to add courtesy lights to the doors. The Porsche logo that shines on the ground is extra on top of that.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

PaulR wrote: โ†‘Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:55 pm
Bazza06 wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:04 pm Does anyone know if the GTS comes with door courtesy lights as standard if the Porsche logo are not selected?
Fantastic spec Bazza. Clearly someone who understands the GTS! I used the'GTS Plus' spec as my baseline too.

Re your question, no, the GTS comes with nothing. The Comfort Lighting Package is needed to add courtesy lights to the doors. The Porsche logo that shines on the ground is extra on top of that.
Thanks, Paul.

I wondered if I ditched the Porsche logo light but kept the comfort lighting package whether I still get the door courtesy lights. Seems from what you write I will do.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver