Folding Mirrors

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

bennachie wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 pm Must check mine............. the above 1 and 2, is not what it says in the manual. The final paragraph tallies
I believe 1 and 2 is true only for facelift models.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

happy days

Post by happy days »

Our Macan is a Gen 1 so it doesn't have folding-in mirrors unless the key fob has a long press, however the 718 does have them.

It will fold the mirrors in when locking, but on unlocking, it only unfolds them when the ignition is operated.
Macan S D
718 S
Gritch

Post by Gritch »

PaulR wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:23 pm If car is set to folder mirrors automatically (via settings), they should:

1. automatically fold in when car is locked
2. automatically fold out when car is unlocked

The only exception is when the mirrors are folded in manually, e.g. by pressing the key fob lock button for more than two seconds. In that case, they remain folded until the key is turned in the ignition.
That's what the manual says. I can assure you this is not the case and Porsche UK said there is no fix!
2019 Macan S
2022 Macan S
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Gen 2 Macan:

With mirrors auto fold ON, they fold on locking, but don’t open again until ignition on*

*this is contrary to ‘Good to know’, which says they should open on unlocking

With auto fold OFF:

- the mirrors can be folded by holding the key fob lock button for a couple of seconds, they don’t open again until ignition on

- the mirrors can be folded before you leave the car by pressing the button in the armrest. In this case they won’t open again until you press the armrest button again.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Glad to see I am not cracking up. The manuals seem to be 'misleading' in some instances.................

Why would you pay for folding mirrors (ok it has auto dim too)?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
pmg

Post by pmg »

Makanik wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:10 am Gen 2 Macan:

With mirrors auto fold ON, they fold on locking, but don’t open again until ignition on*

*this is contrary to ‘Good to know’, which says they should open on unlocking

With auto fold OFF:

- the mirrors can be folded by holding the key fob lock button for a couple of seconds, they don’t open again until ignition on

- the mirrors can be folded before you leave the car by pressing the button in the armrest. In this case they won’t open again until you press the armrest button again.
This to me looks like an issue where they have failed to get the software right so cars performed as Manual expects and so Porsche could correct it by an update if owners apply enough pressure. this is especially so if they have got the software right on the Cayenne
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Gritch

Post by Gritch »

Great idea. We need Porsche to come up with a software fix. Not sure where to start though?
2019 Macan S
2022 Macan S
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I've reviewed all three manuals! These state that mirrors folder out:

- Generation 1 models 2014-2016 - when ignition turned
- Generation 1 models 2017-2018 - when ignition turned
- Generation 1 models 2019-2020 - when doors unlocked

So for those of us with the latest models, we haven't got what the manual states. A software update would fix, as this is clearly a software driven feature. Porsche may or may not plan to do this; they may not even be aware the car performs differently to the manual.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Try checking the comfort memory personal settings info.................. even more of being conservative with the truth (reality)
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'