Folding Mirrors

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Gritch

Post by Gritch »

I have activated the mirrors to fold on locking the car as I like to see the car is locked if I walk away and think did I lock the car? The issue is that when you unlock the car, the mirrors stay closed until you put the key in the ignition. I know this is not a massive problem but I opted the convenience lighting so wanted the puddle lights on the mirrors to work on unlocking. Has anyone come up with a solution as my local dealer is not interested even though they took my money for an option I don't really use unless i deactivate the folding mirror option.
There is a Macan convenience module for sale online with a 2 year warranty that claims to solve the problem. Has anyone purchased one and will it effect the manufacturer warranty?
2019 Macan S
2022 Macan S

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Just fold them by keeping the fob 'lock' button pressed. Leave auto lock off.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
jk88

Post by jk88 »

bennachie wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:16 pm Just fold them by keeping the fob 'lock' button pressed. Leave auto lock off.
That won't solve the problem the OP is describing as they still won't return to their normal position until the ignition is switched on.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

So the puddle lights are redundant in the mirrors as they don't work when folded...
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Just had to check this and no, the Macan puddle lights don't work when the mirrors are folded and the car is unlocked (on a 67 plate SD).

Odd, as our Clubman does exactly what the OP wants, motoring the mirrors down on open, with the puddle lights on (in this case a rather natty or is that naff, Mini insignia?).
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
JBA

Post by JBA »

Mirrors remaining folded even after unlock, and until ignition on, used to frustrate me too. However if you have to park in a narrow garage, entering with the mirrors folded, you'll be glad that they don't automatically unfold when you return to the car and click the key fob to unlock!😉
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^^
This!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

This talk got me thinking what my new Cayenne did so checked when I was out. It folds when locked and unfolds when the key is pressed to unlock. It also brings on the under mirror puddle lights at the same time. Thats progress I suppose.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

If car is set to folder mirrors automatically (via settings), they should:

1. automatically fold in when car is locked
2. automatically fold out when car is unlocked

The only exception is when the mirrors are folded in manually, e.g. by pressing the key fob lock button for more than two seconds. In that case, they remain folded until the key is turned in the ignition.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Must check mine............. the above 1 and 2, is not what it says in the manual. The final paragraph tallies