2017 SD - Questions to ask OPC?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Hello

Newbie here, first post. Put a deposit down on a 2017 S D, one owner with 22K on the clock. Having a test drive on Friday and, if all well will probably buy it.

Already got them to put new tyres on it (close to 3mm). Is there anything i need to check or should ask for before the final deal? Will they update the Firmware in the media system or the maps for example?

Spec is quite basic but appears fine to me:-

Carmine Red
21" Sport Alloys
PCM
Heated wheel/Seats
Park Assist F+R with Camera
PASM
Mono Black exterior
Compass

Looked at examples with more spec (at a higher price) but this appears to be good value. Thoughts?
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome

How much are they asking for it and which Porsche dealer?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

39K, Wolverhampton
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Seems reasonable, if a little high. I payed £42k for mine back in June, 2017 with 11k miles and much more spec. But it took me three months of waiting to get it.
I would be asking if the transfer box has been changed, mine failed at 15k miles in November which is not out of the ordinary.
If it has standard tail pipes, check for corrosion.
Make sure it’s had it’s 20k/2 year service.

Ian
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Thanks Ian. There is another one in Nottingham exactly as yours was (2017, 11k, more spec and 42K) but it works out quite a lot more expensive as will be doing 17K per year.

What do you think I should be paying?
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

You should pay what you think you are comfortable with. I’m guessing you are going PCP, in which case the overall price is irrelevant. I bought mine outright so the price was important to me.
I found prices ranged from late 30’s to mid 40’s and there didn’t seem to be any pattern.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Ti Rich wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Spec is quite basic but appears fine to me:-

Carmine Red
21" Sport Alloys
PCM
Heated wheel/Seats
Park Assist F+R with Camera
PASM
Mono Black exterior
Compass

Looked at examples with more spec (at a higher price) but this appears to be good value. Thoughts?
Does it have a sunroof? Be aware that no sunroof affects future value quite a bit.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Check if it has a spare wheel as many don't. If no spare wheel, there won't be a jack either just some gloopy stuff that you put in the tyre to seal it up.

See if they will update the navigation software to the latest version too. (No harm in asking).

It's pretty low mileage (which is good, but could be bad) - ask them if there were any issues with blocking of the particulate filter. On low mileage diesels, the filters often did not get a chance to regenerate themselves and require a longish drive at 3,000 revs or so to clear them. If you're going to be doing high mileages, this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Also, ask about any accident damage.

Good luck with it - we are still enjoying ours 76k miles in.
Macan S D
718 S
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&FuelType=DSL&M=2534&MileageFrom=10000&MileageTo=20000&SortOptions=PriceHighToLow&YearFrom=2016&YearTo=2018

Have a look at this list.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

happy days wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:38 am

It's pretty low mileage (which is good, but could be bad) - ask them if there were any issues with blocking of the particulate filter. On low mileage diesels, the filters often did not get a chance to regenerate themselves and require a longish drive at 3,000 revs or so to clear them. If you're going to be doing high mileages, this shouldn't be an issue for you.
The issue with an SD is not how many miles it has done but whether or not it has mainly be used for short journeys. Ask them to show you details of installed software upgrades. The latest one delays upchanges when the engine is cold which gets the DPF working properly sooner. It reduced the number of issues with the DPF.

Make sure the car has the two year "Approved Used" warranty. Whilst it's important to check whether the transfer box has been changed, it's a lot less of an issue if the car is under warranty until it's nearly five years old.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel