Pads and discs

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Uni11
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:17 pm

Pads and discs

Post by Uni11 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:50 pm

It looks like I will be requiring new pads and discs all round for my 17 plate Macan sd.
Has anyone had theirs done recently at a opc and what where the costs involved.
Also has anyone purchased the genuine parts elsewhere and have them fitted by a specialist?

User avatar
Nuclear Nick
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Pads and discs

Post by Nuclear Nick » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 am

Uni11 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:50 pm
It looks like I will be requiring new pads and discs all round for my 17 plate Macan sd.
Has anyone had theirs done recently at a opc and what where the costs involved.
Also has anyone purchased the genuine parts elsewhere and have them fitted by a specialist?
Did you try a search on here? There's been quite a bit on this, one example here:

https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7658&p=159661&hilit=renew+brake+pads#p159661
Nick

Macan Turbo, collected 6/9/16 - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHPDB6Z7

911 C2 GTS, collected 8/3/18 - http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKUPBX8

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Andy352
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Falkirk, Scotland.

Re: Pads and discs

Post by Andy352 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:27 am

I've just changed my pads myself. Just over £100 pounds for all pads (Delphi) which included sensors. Discs were still looking good. First car I've owned that had all 8 pads worn by the same amount. My BMW used to get two sets of front pads to one set of rears. Porsche must have the brakes set up very well.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5

happy days
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm
Location: Warrenpoint, N Ireland

Re: Pads and discs

Post by happy days » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:29 am

Me. I bought a set of front pads from Design911 (original parts) and had them fitted by my local indy. He advised that the rears needed doing to as apparently, two tonners use rear pads as much as fronts, He advised that my discs were borderline, but didn't replace them and all looks fine. Car had done just over 60k at that stage. The cost for replacing both was a mere £60. Pads and discs from D911 were from memory, £300 and £225. Design 911 do a package too with pads and discs bundled together. I'd be interested to see what the OPC cost would be.
Macan S D
718 S

User avatar
bbpxbbpx
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Pads and discs

Post by bbpxbbpx » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:30 am

Got a quote previously from a London OPC for replacing all disc and pads. Come to circa £1700 including vat. Around £800 was labour.
Ben

MY15 Macan S Agate Grey

happy days
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm
Location: Warrenpoint, N Ireland

Re: Pads and discs

Post by happy days » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 pm

The rears need the e-handbrake removing using a computer. However, the programme is the same as for an Audi so any decent Indy will likely have one.
Macan S D
718 S

Andy352
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Falkirk, Scotland.

Re: Pads and discs

Post by Andy352 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:22 pm

happy days wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 pm
The rears need the e-handbrake removing using a computer. However, the programme is the same as for an Audi so any decent Indy will likely have one.
They don't if you know what you're doing, did front and back pads in under 2 hours with no computer. Yet another OPC tax! The system is similar to most modern Volkswagens.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5

Uni11
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:17 pm

Re: Pads and discs

Post by Uni11 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:10 pm

Well I’ve just spoken to Porsche today and for parts alone, pads,discs,sensors,and clips for front and rear of the car was £900. Then I spoke to the service department to get a price for fully fitted and he said he will need to speak to the technician to find out how many hours it will take for the complete job. He then came back to me and said fronts will take 2 hours and rears will take 2.5 hours! TOTAL COST SIR FIR LABOUR WILL BE....... £980 😳

I did also speak to design911 and he quoted £925 for parts initially but after I told him they are just under £900 at Porsche he came back with £852
I then spoke to a Indy that deals with all sorts of high performance cars and he said that the labour would be between £150-£250 all in
It just beggars belief that Porsche think that we charging best part of a grand for changing brakes is justifiable.

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8454
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Pads and discs

Post by Paul » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Uni11 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:10 pm
Well I’ve just spoken to Porsche today and for parts alone, pads,discs,sensors,and clips for front and rear of the car was £900. Then I spoke to the service department to get a price for fully fitted and he said he will need to speak to the technician to find out how many hours it will take for the complete job. He then came back to me and said fronts will take 2 hours and rears will take 2.5 hours! TOTAL COST SIR FIR LABOUR WILL BE....... £980 😳

I did also speak to design911 and he quoted £925 for parts initially but after I told him they are just under £900 at Porsche he came back with £852
I then spoke to a Indy that deals with all sorts of high performance cars and he said that the labour would be between £150-£250 all in
It just beggars belief that Porsche think that we charging best part of a grand for changing brakes is justifiable.
So....don’t complain, follow the £ if that’s your choice!

Interesting g that the design911 “cheap” parts were more than genuine😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Uni11
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:17 pm

Re: Pads and discs

Post by Uni11 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:35 pm

So....don’t complain, follow the £ if that’s your choice!

Interesting g that the design911 “cheap” parts were more than genuine😉
[/quote]

That’s what forums are for pal 😉 Also to learn and to teach other less fortunate people that there is a world outside the dealer network.
And design911 price was for genuine Porsche parts but I did expect them to come in cheaper than the opc which they did in the end but the pricing difference was minimal so there I would stick to the opc for parts.

If the opc had quoted me around the same price as the link above which was £300 for labour I would’ve taken then up on it.

Post Reply