Opinions on price

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jkwade

Post by jkwade »

what's everyones view on this price, its pretty much perfect spec for me

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002097118071?advertising-location=at_cars&make=PORSCHE&radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=b989dw&aggregatedTrim=GTS&sort=price-asc&keywords=towbar&model=MACAN&page=1

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

No real idea on price but the mileage would put me off a bit. Also don’t really like a car with a tow bar as you can’t be sure how much it has been used and what weights to pull. Have seen too many nice cars reversed down slipways launching boats while the rear wheels are submerged in nice salty water!
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

I think it’s a well specced car for a good price. Always best to get yourself in front of it if possible, ask for a video tour or at the very least have an honest chat with the owner about how long they’ve had it and if there are any areas which require attention ( parking dings, stone chips, scuffed alloys or how much life is left in the tyres ). You want to know if it’s going to cost you any money in the short term to get it up to scratch or just to keep it ticking along. Has the warranty been extended? Don’t think the mileage is a worry as it’s about average for a car a little over 3 years old. My car is sitting just under 30k miles at the moment and it never misses a beat. As long as it has a robust service history there will be nothing to worry about for many more miles. My initial thought would be most people add on a little to the price expecting a degree of bargaining so it’s always worth asking if there is any wiggle room. Good luck...
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Nice spec and fair price. Make him an offer, he can only say no. Only thing that’s not for me is the turbo wheels on the GTS. Sport classics or spyders would suit it better
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

I can't say whether or not it's a good price for a GTS but for a 3-year old car it's a lot of money when you could get into a new S for £10k more. Depends on how badly you want a GTS vs an S and how restrained you are with options. My money has gone on a new S.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

MCDK wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm No real idea on price but the mileage would put me off a bit. Also don’t really like a car with a tow bar as you can’t be sure how much it has been used and what weights to pull. Have seen too many nice cars reversed down slipways launching boats while the rear wheels are submerged in nice salty water!
I was going to say it may have never been used until I saw the picture - plenty of people order it just because or actually may just be bikes which again plenty of people buy it for
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

SmallWheels wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:49 pm I can't say whether or not it's a good price for a GTS but for a 3-year old car it's a lot of money when you could get into a new S for £10k more. Depends on how badly you want a GTS vs an S and how restrained you are with options. My money has gone on a new S.
That is sort of true all that is a high spec one so the diff is going be a lot more than £10k, more like at least £20k based on ours
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:09 pm
SmallWheels wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:49 pm I can't say whether or not it's a good price for a GTS but for a 3-year old car it's a lot of money when you could get into a new S for £10k more. Depends on how badly you want a GTS vs an S and how restrained you are with options. My money has gone on a new S.
That is sort of true all that is a high spec one so the diff is going be a lot more than £10k, more like at least £20k based on ours
and there are some one-year-old facelift S's for sale with good specs at about 5K to 10k mileage for only £7k to£10k more, with 2 years warranty remaining on them.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
davewf

Post by davewf »

Re the tow bar mine looks like that because it is used to carry bikes and I had to clean the paint off to allow the carrier to get a good grip. If you have any oil there the carrier wont grip.

However modern caravan hitches also need a grease free ball, but very much doubt many Macan ever tow caravans because the towing limit is so low.
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

I bought a similar spec GTS, same age, 10k less miles from an OPC with the warranty of course for £4K more. Hope that helps to give you a bit of bargaining power.
2016 Macan GTS in Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S 987 in GT Silver