Macan - best all rounder?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Am89

Post by Am89 »

I’ve owned my turbo since Dec 2019 and I’ve came to the conclusion it has to be the best all rounder I’ve driven, great mix of performance, handling, comfort (air susp), residuals and exclusivity. I’ve really started to appreciate the car now I’ve got more time to drive it and open up the engine. It just seems a cut above your AMG and M. Only car I’d consider replacing it with would be an S63 coupe. Has anyone driven a car they think is a better all rounder?

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

a fantastic all rounder, would not consider anything else, 5 years old now and still enjoy it every day
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Am89 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:32 pm Has anyone driven a car they think is a better all rounder?
Not as yet and owned my Turbo now four years which is the longest I have owned a daily car in forty years! Even decided to cancel my replacement Turbo order as I felt my engine set up was better than the replacement (sorry 🤐) The only spec alteration I would make is to drop to 20” instead of 21” purely to alleviate my kerbing paranoias. I have air which I like, also have PSE and SC which are of little value, the latter never used but would probably still tick the box. Waiting now for the full EV but if I don’t see a decent range from the battery I will get another ICE version. The only issue that could change my thinking is potential need for increased carrying capacity. Wouldn’t touch a new LR product although we have been running them for 20 years, currently on our fourth. Just to many, and serious faults to consider. So probably switch to Cayenne but still would rate the Macan Turbo highest 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

I've just swapped a GLC 63S for a Macan Turbo and it's so much better as an all-rounder.
I miss the V8 noise but otherwise it's much better handling, has a nicer interior and is much more exclusive too!
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Agree the Macan is the best all-rounder currently on the market at this price level. Taking money into account I would have thought some other cars with 4 cylinders, lesser performance and slightly inferior ride/handling are better value as the Macan - particularly the Turbo - is an expensive car. Within the Macan range, again taking money into account I think the S offers the best value: most of the performance of the Turbo, all of the comfort and a little less standard equipment for nearly £20k less.

I've not been an an F-Pace SVR but as it has a thumping V8 the sound track will be better than the Macan and according to the road tests it offers a great all round experience for a few more £££. Perhaps someone here has experienced one.

If money isn't a consideration I would want to look at the new Aston Martin when it appears as it promises a lot as an all rounder.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
pmg

Post by pmg »

As a vehicle, it has one weakness, environmental impact, especially it's weight and implication for fuel economy that comes from being based on 1st generation Q5. However, I fail to think of a best allrounder including that criteria. An area to look for candidates would be the sporting estate cars but most of those have pushed the profile on their tyres so far they lose out in the comfort area
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It is certainly the best all rounder for me just now :D :D :D

5 seats, reasonable luggage space, fast enough for overtaking idiots :lol: , a bit sporty, lovely interior finish.....

I would like if it was a bit smaller - for parking mainly.

Great machine 👍👍👍
Am89

Post by Am89 »

mb8388 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:19 am I've just swapped a GLC 63S for a Macan Turbo and it's so much better as an all-rounder.
I miss the V8 noise but otherwise it's much better handling, has a nicer interior and is much more exclusive too!
The GLC63S was something I considered before the Macan - mainly for the V8, but I never liked the rest of the package. Glad u prefer the Turbo 8-)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Easily
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Yes. Only time in 19 new car purchases for myself that I have ever ordered the same model again.

Did test drive a few others, but none as good as the Macan IMO. :P
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver