Ordered 2.0 Base Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ralf Ramone

Post by Ralf Ramone »

One reason I'd seriously consider the S over base is brakes. The 3.0 comes with"six-piston aluminium monobloc brake calipers at front" and the 2.0 only has 4.

Anyone noticed the difference?

Decent progressive strong brakes are a key bit of the driving experience for me...VW too grabby, BMW too weak (at least on my current 3.0d).

DougL

Post by DougL »

The brakes are weaker than any of the other models in terms of spec. I was worried about this too. On a spirited drive on the Ulster Grand Prix circuit in the hills above Belfast, I never felt them lacking in any way.
Ralf Ramone

Post by Ralf Ramone »

Good to hear that, 70kg less in the nose probably helps. You'd assume Porsche would spec adequately in that regard.
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi PaulR, I've got a 2.0 Gen2 which is fitted with twin black exhaust tips, re your observation that there is only one exhaust running down the length of the car, have a look at the attached pics, about half way down the single exhaust splits into two pipes which both go into their respective exhaust boxes on either side before entering the exhaust tips. Both sides are very much active and personally I can't tell the difference between the 2.0 retrofitted with these sports exhaust tips and the higher spec Macan S standard fit. I've got these better looking exhaust tips as some lovely person decided to drive into the back of my Macan when parked and wrote off one of the original tips, as it was an insurance repair I decided to pay the extra for the upgraded tips!! I think they look just fine especially as now I've resprayed the wheels Satin Black there is no chrome anywhere else on the car...………….. :)

Hi Extremelandy90 - Re MPG of the 2.0 The official figures are fairly accurate, you can push 32pmg (ish) if you really take it easy on a Motorway doing the mandated 50mph in roadworks but otherwise in my 15months of ownership it has been high 20's, averaging around 28mpg, the sheer weight of the car keeps the mpg down but saying that the 2.0 performance is just fine, slightly better if you fuel with 98RON super unleaded but hard to tell the difference when using the standard 95RON to be honest! Hope that helps
Robbie

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
DougL

Post by DougL »

Just had a wobble and decided to add the 19 inch turbo wheels. I will probably get them painted a darker shade when the car arrives.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL486P73

and added the spare wheel. Hate fixakits.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

DougL wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 pm Just had a wobble and decided to add the 19 inch turbo wheels. I will probably get them painted a darker shade when the car arrives.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL486P73

and added the spare wheel. Hate fixakits.
I think adding spare wheel is a good option, I did the same just before lock down. I see you dont have the smoker pack, tiny cost to prevent the dust collector and take the hole away.

The longer you spend on this forum the less money you will have :)

I really wanted to get to lock down so I could stop thinking about adding just 1 more thing..
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Ralf Ramone wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 am One reason I'd seriously consider the S over base is brakes. The 3.0 comes with"six-piston aluminium monobloc brake calipers at front" and the 2.0 only has 4.

Anyone noticed the difference?

Decent progressive strong brakes are a key bit of the driving experience for me...VW too grabby, BMW too weak (at least on my current 3.0d).
When I was at PEC in the introductory talk, in the bit about the straight braking test strip, they said Porsche had criteria that every car had to do 60 to 0 in I think half the time it did 0 to 60. This they said had been quite a challenge for something as big and heavy as a Panamera 4 Turbo S which does 0 to 60 in about 3.6 secs but had been achieved

I assume the brakes increase as one moves up the line in each model range due to the increased performance.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi DougL, Good choice to upgrade to the 19" Turbo wheels, I also thought they would look better a darker colour, had mine resprayed in Satin Black, after changing the exhaust tips all Black & Blue now :)

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

DougL

Post by DougL »

That looks good robbie. Satin might require a bit too much care. I've just been quoted £400 all in for repaint OR powder coat. I might go an anthracite colour.
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi Doug, That's a fair price, mine were re-painted for £408, but yes with hindsight Satin Black is not the easiest of colours to maintain their 'as new' look. Went for it as they now match the majority of other bits of Black that Porsche use on their body trim.
This is my first Porsche and very pleased so far, the only thing you have to keep an eye on is your 'Oil service' if you do low mileage or a lot of short journeys it needs changing well before the first 2yr service interval, when you pick up the car brand new would be good to see if it initially prompts for the oil change at 2yrs or? I didn't check for a while and was then surprised it wanted doing this month, the car is only 15 months old but other new 2.0 Petrol Macan owners are finding the same.
Robbie