Ordered 2.0 Base Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ralf Ramone

Post by Ralf Ramone »

pmg wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 am
Ralf Ramone wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 am One reason I'd seriously consider the S over base is brakes. The 3.0 comes with"six-piston aluminium monobloc brake calipers at front" and the 2.0 only has 4.

Anyone noticed the difference?

Decent progressive strong brakes are a key bit of the driving experience for me...VW too grabby, BMW too weak (at least on my current 3.0d).
When I was at PEC in the introductory talk, in the bit about the straight braking test strip, they said Porsche had criteria that every car had to do 60 to 0 in I think half the time it did 0 to 60. This they said had been quite a challenge for something as big and heavy as a Panamera 4 Turbo S which does 0 to 60 in about 3.6 secs but had been achieved

I assume the brakes increase as one moves up the line in each model range due to the increased performance.

That's very interesting and the type of quality content we come here for.

Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

The latest 2.0 is a great car. Had ours 2 weeks now and loving it!
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
DougL

Post by DougL »

Well. It has arrived in Grimsby, around six weeks later than estimated. Hopefully will be with my dealer sometime early next week. I have just had an email asking me to confirm adding the vehicle to My Porsche... does that mean the Grimsby has released the car? Or that Porsche Belfast has been invoiced?

I've just transferred my insurance over to the car. Hopefully next year will be cheaper. Getting quotes from Privilege and Direct Line for around £475 which is cheaper than my Merc CLA or BMW 440i