Niche Technology product review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

I hope I've posted this into the correct forum area :-) Hope this review helps someone who might not have come across their products.

Don't know how many of you have tried the Niche Technology products, but thought I'd write a short review as I installed two of them over the weekend.

- Niche Technology Convenience module. After buying my first Macan (2017 3.0 diesel) a few weeks ago (which I absolutely love) I found myself leaving the boot open, pressing the key fob thinking it would shut the boot (it doesn't). That and the mirrors not auto closing for me were irritations. I came across Niche and had a chat with the owner, Richard Downs, who is super friendly and passionate/helpful about his products. They have a "convenience" module which among other things allows closing the boot from the keyfob and also auto closing/opening of mirrors. Now, it's not particularly cheap, but for these two features alone I decided to buy the module. It does other stuff too, check out their website for details. Installation was easy with good instructions provided and before long the Macan was back together with everything working as expected. Great product that works as advertised!

- Sprint Booster (throttle controller). Since owning the Macan I have found the throttle inputs lazy, especially in comfort mode. I'm used to 2 litre petrol/turbo engines sports cars and wanted a little more urgency in the way it would respond to throttle inputs. I came across this product and read various reviews/discussions on the Internet about it. Seemed like a good product and reasonable priced too! Installation was fairly easy, nothing awful, just need to be careful pulling apart some of the plastics. Richard even sent me a personalised video on how to fit the switch where cig lighter is. This device is fantastic, really livens up the car, there is sports mode and race mode, so me being me I naturally tried standard vs race mode 9, and the difference is amazing. It makes the car feel a lot faster, and it certainly responds more to gentle inputs whereas before I'd press the pedal and nothing would happen, always felt I'd have to mash the pedal for something to happen. Great product, still need some time to find which mode/setting works best for day to day driving, but this has transformed an already great car into it being more driveable.

I'm happy to help anyone who has questions on installation should they also buy these products. Hope this is useful to someone!
www.nichetechnology.com/shop-now/convenience-modules
https://nichetechnology.com/en/sprint-booster

adam b

Post by adam b »

Looks like good kit, and I did exchange emails with the owner who, as you say, was very friendly and helpful.

€480 inc VAT is too pricey for the convenience module IMHO, I would have been interested at £250 given I would only want it for auto mirror fold, and perhaps boot close with engine off

In the interests of full disclosure, did you get a discount on those prices?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

I do agree, it is pricey, and I only need it for the same reasons you mention. But I decided to go for it anyway, and do enjoy having the options the module provides. Richard gave me 20% off which was great BUT with the VAT then added I was more or less where I started with price wise if not slihgtly higher (I think VAT was charged at 23%).
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

My 2017 S D folds the mirrors in without this. Just keep the close button pressed on the key fob for 2 or 3 seconds.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Ditto the above.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 pm Ditto the above.
Do you both have the keyless entry option fitted? My SD 2017 didn't close mirrors when holding button as described...
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

My 2017 SD does not have keyless entry, but does fold the mirrors when you hold down the key lock button. Further holding closes all the door windows/ pano roof and blind.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
Same on my previous 2014 SD and 2016 GTS. You have to keep the lock button pressed for (what seems like) quite a long time.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

If I recall correctly from my last loan car, on facelift models the mirrors fold on locking without having to hold the lock button for two seconds.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

agblee1970 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:38 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 pm Ditto the above.
Do you both have the keyless entry option fitted? My SD 2017 didn't close mirrors when holding button as described...
No, I don't have keyless entry fitted.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.