LED upgrade for the Halogen lights - A guide

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Slightly off-topi but my Boxster sailed through the MOT with led headlights, dipped and main (I believe they only test the former)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver

Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Have just finished fitting the LEDPERF H7 and H15 led units. This is the third time I’ve swapped out bulbs and the job gets quicker and easier each time. All working ok and will try them in the dark tonight.

Big thanks to Rich (Ti Rich) for the posted guidance, especially the tip to lube the washers on the H15s, this time main beam/sidelights went straight in👍
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Connoisseur wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm Have just finished fitting the LEDPERF H7 and H15 led units. This is the third time I’ve swapped out bulbs and the job gets quicker and easier each time. All working ok and will try them in the dark tonight.

Big thanks to Rich (Ti Rich) for the posted guidance, especially the tip to lube the washers on the H15s, this time main beam/sidelights went straight in👍
Welcome. I have got it down to 10 mins now. It does get easier every time!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Mal

Post by Mal »

Big thank you Rich. Reading this thread cover to cover 6 times over 😂

Is this what you have on your car now -
H7 SN.LED118
LEDPERF KITLDMACANWH
Mal

Post by Mal »

Connoisseur wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm Have just finished fitting the LEDPERF H7 and H15 led units. This is the third time I’ve swapped out bulbs and the job gets quicker and easier each time. All working ok and will try them in the dark tonight.

Hiya. Thanks for sharing. Does the H7 work ok? Could you please share the Part No?

Many thanks
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Mal wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:43 pm Big thank you Rich. Reading this thread cover to cover 6 times over 😂

Is this what you have on your car now -
H7 SN.LED118
LEDPERF KITLDMACANWH
Not sure if you are asking me but yes, I only have the H15 from LED Perf.

The H7 I use were imported from the USA and they were better than the Philips H7 LED i tried-

https://www.headlightrevolution.com/s-v ... quantity=1

Have to say the lights are quite good now. I had a 718 on loan a few weeks ago with the top Porsche LED lights on them and my setup was about 80-90% as good in my opinion.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
bdev

Post by bdev »

Have you seen the new Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 bulbs - they are getting even better reviews than the HR ones..
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

bdev wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:24 pm Have you seen the new Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 bulbs - they are getting even better reviews than the HR ones..
Yes I have but, like the HR ones, they are expensive to import and there is always the danger that they don't work or don't fit (as i found out with the H15 HR bulbs, expensive mistake)

I am more than happy with the way they are now so will stick I think. If you look at this they look to be about 12% brighter in the H7 version than the HR.

https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/chart/
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Ledperf H15 turn out to be duff. They have gone to hi beam only all of the time, they will not switch to sidelights. So pretty useless🙁 H7 are working fine....
bdev

Post by bdev »

Hi Rich...

Having tried improved halogen bulbs and still not entirely happy, I am about to order some of the H7 bulbs from the US that you linked :

https://www.headlightrevolution.com/s-v ... quantity=1

Silly question, but when you order these you get the option to add an anti-flicker harness (PWM) - did you have to order / fit this to yours ?