Tewkesbury OPC closing due to the Coronavirus

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

If you refer to my earlier post, I said JCT 600 group, who have over 50 dealerships of many different makes, one of which is Porsche. I imagine lots of NHS staff drive VW, Audi, Seat , Vauxhall, BMW, Peugeot, Mazda etc not just Porsche!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

MikeM wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:24 pm
Dandock wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 pm
Toddie wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:07 pm Just had an email to say that JCT600 are closing all their showrooms from tonight, a reduced service dept will still be operating, with preference given to NHS staff, who becoming increasingly important to the whole country.
As I supply the NHS do I qualify? :roll:
If it’s ventilators, Yes 🤨
But the rest of the NHS is completely coming to a halt.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
pmg

Post by pmg »

This afternoon, I was due to go to Portsmouth OPC to swop to my summer tyre/wheel set. They rang me at 8 am to say they were now shut for at least 3 weeks and would confirm when reopening on website.

Have put the CTEK charger on my Macan on AGM program via poles in engine compartment with hood open as car in locked garage. Not used the charger before as car always done a reasonable length journey at least once a week. Charger has got as far as stage 2 but does not yet appear to have commenced full charging on stage 3. does anyone who regularly uses one know how long move to stage 3 takes?

Last use of car was last Thursday plus a start up to wash it in front of garage last Friday. May be middle of next week before needed for a food shop
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Guy

Post by Guy »

pmg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 am does anyone who regularly uses one know how long move to stage 3 takes?
According to the manual, up to 20 hours.

Based on my experience, I would expect to get all the way to Stage 7 (green light) within 24 hours. First ever use of my CTEK was the slowest.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Guy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:37 am
pmg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 am does anyone who regularly uses one know how long move to stage 3 takes?

Based on my experience, I would expect to get all the way to Stage 7 (green light) within 24 hours. First ever use of my CTEK was the slowest.
Thanks, now I have got CTEK on the right mode "car and agm" cf "bike and agm" it went straight to light 3 charging.

I bought it about 8 years ago when the I put the BMW I had in for MOT after a period the car had only done short journeys. Doing the MOT they managed to put the battery into energy saving mode. So when they came to try the indicators without running engine no light. So they failed the car. Fortunately, when they had driven the car back from their offsite workshop, I had seen it turn in and the indicators working. Pointed this out and we are all went outside and everything ok and Tester passed car and I hope got a bollocking. I decided might be wise to purchased a CTEK in case I ever went through a period of just short journey use again although I do try to avoid them.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

pmg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks, now I have got CTEK on the right mode "car and agm" cf "bike and agm" it went straight to light 3 charging.

I bought it about 8 years ago when the I put the BMW I had in for MOT after a period the car had only done short journeys. Doing the MOT they managed to put the battery into energy saving mode. So when they came to try the indicators without running engine no light. So they failed the car. Fortunately, when they had driven the car back from their offsite workshop, I had seen it turn in and the indicators working. Pointed this out and we are all went outside and everything ok and Tester passed car and I hope got a bollocking. I decided might be wise to purchased a CTEK in case I ever went through a period of just short journey use again although I do try to avoid them.
So how long was the journey out of the garage onto the drive? :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:00 pm
pmg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:52 am

So how long was the journey out of the garage onto the drive? :lol:
The Macan was socially distanced from the garage door ;) ;) Enough room given to able to clean and treat with Gtechnic C5 the winter wheelset in case they went for their summer holiday rent-free at the OPC I bought them from. Alas holiday now postponed