Keep your battery healthy too

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I haven't used a battery charger for years . . . is it still a matter of clamping the connectors on the pos / neg terminals of the battery?

I believe that the battery is in the boot (/) but I am also reading that there is some 'connectors' under the bonnet?

ouzel

Post by ouzel »

This is a very comprehensive description of some of the Macan charging options. I found it a good read :-)

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/char ... st-2573806

-ouzel
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

ouzel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm This is a very comprehensive description of some of the Macan charging options. I found it a good read :-)

-ouzel
Thanks - I read the post in the link (well I read the first couple of pages (there's a lot there)) and there are posts suggesting that charging can be done via the 12v socket and via connectors under the hood/bonnet. where are the connectors under the hood/bonnet?
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Also reading the post in the above link I can see hat there are different CTEK models and I also found a Porsche charger which looked identical tot he CTEK (at twice the price).

I presume this is the one I want . . . CTEK MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic Battery Charger 12V, 5 Amp - UK Plug ?

I note that in the picks of the bits that come with this are two 'O' ring connectors. Are they to be attached and left permanently attached to the battery? Do I need to disconnect the battery to attach them? If I disconnect the battery will I have problems/issues when I re-connect it?
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I note that delivery for this item from Amazon is 1st May - 5 weeks - why?

ouzel

Post by ouzel »

Fairynuff wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:50 pm
ouzel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm This is a very comprehensive description of some of the Macan charging options. I found it a good read :-)

-ouzel
Thanks - I read the post in the link (well I read the first couple of pages (there's a lot there)) and there are posts suggesting that charging can be done via the 12v socket and via connectors under the hood/bonnet. where are the connectors under the hood/bonnet?
Hi Fairynuff,
If you open the bonnet, and stand facing the windscreen, the charging posts are near the windscreen, just under the bonnet, on the right had side. There is a black plastic cover over the positive one. I can post a photo if you are still having trouble.
-ouzel
keelolo

Post by keelolo »

Here’s a link with a nice picture of it all connected up in the bonnet area. I have the MXS 5.0 and find that it works well - Amazon usually have it on offer for around the £55 mark during their sale periods, e.g Easter, Black Friday, etc.

viewtopic.php?t=2864&start=10
2017MY GTS - Gone
pmg

Post by pmg »

Fairynuff wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:58 pm I note that delivery for this item from Amazon is 1st May - 5 weeks - why?

About 2 days ago It was showing last 14 , more on order. I am not surprised they have all gone bearing in mind the number of individuals probably now needing one if they are too strictly follow the Government's restrictions
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

This is the best price I could find . . .

https://www.smarterchargers.co.uk/index ... duct_id=53
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

I found that this connector works constantly and effectively in the 12V socket in the centre console of our 2016 Macan S Petrol. Some have suggested that the socket only stays live for 20 mins on some models but I have found this not to be the case. I personally didn't fancy messing with terminals on the battery(boot) or under the bonnet, and found this the simpler solution.

IMG_2307.PNG