Oil Change Message

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

Hi all,

I washed the car today and when I turned the ignition on I discovered a message come up telling me I needed an oil change in 28 days or 3,544 miles. I assume the 28 days is because that will be the car's first birthday. I doubt I'll hit the mileage before then, but the Nottingham dealer is closed now and I was wondering if it will be ok to ignore this message until they re-open and can do the first service?

My poor car is sitting there (albeit nice and shiny again!) but so lonely, I really want to drive her but I am social distancing and working from home. I don't even go shopping as we're getting deliveries, so I'm definitely going to have to look into a battery charger too.

Any advice re the service and oil change would be greatly received!
Thanks everyone

Sal
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019

Guy

Post by Guy »

I wouldn't worry about a delayed oil change and/or service, especially if the car isn't going to be used much. Modern oils should be able to cope with more miles and a longer time period than the strict service schedule. A few extra months should not be a problem.

It's definitely worth getting a battery charger - the CTEK MXS 5.0 seems to be the favourite and is very easy to use - there's lots of advice on the forum.

It's probably worth emailing the (closed) dealer and asking to be on some sort of service priority list for when they re-open.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Thought Macan was 2 year or 20,000 mile service interval?
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

If the OP’s car is on condition based oil change intervals it may call for a change well before two years and 20k miles.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Toddie wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:29 pm Thought Macan was 2 year or 20,000 mile service interval?
Yes you're right it is but the car forecasts a time/distance to the next oil change. If the car is only used for long runs then the oil change and service interval will be close together. If the car is used rarely and then only for short runs, the car will predict an oil change at a shorter interval.

As Guy has said, there is no problem in going passed the oil change date when it is a time interval message.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

So are saying that there are 2 settings for the service interval? ie time & condition of oil ? If so how do you know what the car is set to? I can’t look as the car is still stranded in OPC workshops! As they are now shut for Coronavirus.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Porsche engines 2 years. Audi/VW engines on a condition system - could trigger at any time...........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Yep, my 2017 Panamera 4 wanted an oil change after only 10k miles (less than a year old at that point) and then still wanted another oil change at the 20k mile service. Used mostly on motorways too. 3.0 V6 petrol engine.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

Thanks for the replies, very reassuring! :) I'm trying to give the car a goodish run every now and again (a longer route to the supermarket) and battery has been ok so far. While rooting around in the cupboard getting the car wash stuff, I discovered we all ready have a CTEK charger which is great news.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019