Any views on covers, please?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

They are great. My wife has a pack in her car and gets a wipe out immediately she sees a bird mess. Gets it cleared quick which is the key to no damage.

Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I use the Porsche Macan cover for my GTS as I have off road parking but no garage. It is a good cover but I’d prefer it without the Porsche logo. It’s easy and quick to put it on. It could do with better fixings to stop it lifting of in strong winds. I don’t trap the cover string under the hood and rear door as that is a pain so better elastic at the front and rear would improve it.

I find it great to stop dust and guano which easily hoses off the cover. It takes minutes to cover or remove it amend if I intend to park it for more than one night I use it the whole time.

It’s a lot cheaper than buying or building a garage and reduces cleaning and polishing intervals.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Really? Honestly? Don't
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
RGS

Post by RGS »

Just an update, the Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 arrived today and it has done the job and cleared the bird lime etching in the paintwork without any damage. Similar in appearance and consistency to Autoglym Resin Polish but with a bit more bite. Took a 5 applications which you remove immediately. I was lucky because the car has three layers of paint protection and I caught it within hours although by then it had hardened in the sun. I sprayed it liberally with bird lime neutraliser to soften it as well which stopped it getting any worse. Good stuff the Meguiars, it will no doubt come in handy again for any scuffs and scratches. Now to check out the Porsche Macan cover
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Seriously, don't. The cover will generate far more marring than nature.....................It has to be spotless inside and the car also needs to be clean for it to work
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above I certainly wouldn't be using a cover outdoor as any wind will cause movement and scratch the car. Would happily use one inside on a spotless car but not after the car had been out for a drive and maybe has dust on it.
RGS

Post by RGS »

Thanks for info, they are £225 from Porsche but I think you're probably right and I was unlucky to have such a strong bird poo on the hottest day, but that's sorted thankfully. There are not many days where the car doesn't get any attention while its on my drive and now I have the means to mitigate any damage.