Potential New Car - Feedback please?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would choose the former. Higher miles tend to cause more events for damage even minor like stone chips. The 5k car will hopefully be immaculate bit that depends on owner. So rather than mileage it’s maybe a factor of the previous owner. For that criteria then a low mileage one meticulous owner car ticks the boxes.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

PaulB wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:04 am Car reg is KRZ8454. Did this belong to a member?
Don’t think it will have been a forum members car. There are 4 or 5 of us on here from N Ireland but not driving that car.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Just had a look at this post. My just serviced 2016 SD with a better spec and wheels (IMHO) than the Belfast car and only 26,000 miles must be worth £33-34k if that one is up for £31k AND it's in Belfast. My car still has a years OPC warranty if sold to a private buyer but I won't be selling it anytime soon and certainly not for a high revving petrol. I still believe Porsche shot themselves in the foot by ditching Diesel. I love the torque and fuel economy whatever way i drive it. No DPF issues nor 'Troublesome pano roof ' as mentioned elsewhere. You should buy on condition not mileage although that's a consideration. Good luck with your purchase.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks everyone.
So tonight I am in a position to choose between 2 cars, 1 of which i will place a deposit tomorrow.

Car 1 - £32,640 - Belfast
31,000 miles, 2 owners - 16 plate
Had manual regen in 2017
4 brand new tyres and brakes fitted
Major service complete 2 weeks ago
Had front end resprayed + 2 rear quarters (stone chips)
PASM, PAN ROOF, PDLS (4 dots around headlight), 18 way comfort seats, 20 inch wheels (not the spyder wheels), PCM, Black exterior package, Park Assist front and rear, privacy glass, sport design exterior mirrors, light comfort pack, heated seats

Car 2 - £34,160 - Leicester
17000 miles, 1 owner, 65 plate
No warranty issues
Next service (minor) due Oct 21
4 brand new tyres, 2 new brakes at front
PDLS, (but with the daytime running lights on bumper), Air Suspension with PASM, Park Assist front and rear with Camera, Sports Chrono, 8 way power seats, heated seats, smokers pack(non smoker), porsche mats, PCM, Mobile phone prep, Porsche Tracking system

Thoughts??
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:02 pm Just had a look at this post. My just serviced 2016 SD with a better spec and wheels (IMHO) than the Belfast car and only 26,000 miles must be worth £33-34k if that one is up for £31k AND it's in Belfast. My car still has a years OPC warranty if sold to a private buyer but I won't be selling it anytime soon and certainly not for a high revving petrol. I still believe Porsche shot themselves in the foot by ditching Diesel. I love the torque and fuel economy whatever way i drive it. No DPF issues nor 'Troublesome pano roof ' as mentioned elsewhere. You should buy on condition not mileage although that's a consideration. Good luck with your purchase.

Thinking 'why post then'?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

For what is it worth I bought my Diesel S from Leicester and more recently “swapped” it for a 2017 GTS at Belfast In the middle of March this year and found both OPC’s to be easy to deal with considering I live in Oxfordshire. When looking for my GTS there was 2 to choose from. The one I didn’t go for was circa £54k, today that same car is being offered at under £48k...... Just make sure you are getting the best possible deal - regardless of brand car dealers will be desperate to move stock when the dealerships reopen.
Dave
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

DaveS wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:15 pm For what is it worth I bought my Diesel S from Leicester and more recently “swapped” it for a 2017 GTS at Belfast In the middle of March this year and found both OPC’s to be easy to deal with considering I live in Oxfordshire. When looking for my GTS there was 2 to choose from. The one I didn’t go for was circa £54k, today that same car is being offered at under £48k...... Just make sure you are getting the best possible deal - regardless of brand car dealers will be desperate to move stock when the dealerships reopen.
Thanks Dave. I will push one last time tomorrow.

Any reasons for swapping from the diesel to GTS? Understandbly the GTS being a step or 2 upwards but curious to hear.
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Unless you are in a rush for a car Paul I think I would wait a little while. At the moment prices don’t seem to be on the overly keen side, I reckon once they get back to the new normal business they will become keener as the costs of running a dealership ramp up with no furlough money coming in.

Also not sure if you have driven many cars and possibly not given given your comment about comparing the Diesel and GTS. I would certainly think you need a few good test drives and as said before unless diesel is needed for high miles which it doesn’t seem to be I would go petrol.

Alternatively if you really need a car now and are convinced that diesel is ok for you then I would capitalise and make very low offers and let them decide. Dealers are in a position of very low sales, low confidence leading to poor future sales with values on the dip. They also have diesel cars which due to the hatred of diesel cars now certainly are not as attractive so they will want to shift these.

Offer £2k below asking price as a final offer with 24 hours for them to accept would be my plan but I would still wait if it was me.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

MCDK wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:42 am Unless you are in a rush for a car Paul I think I would wait a little while. At the moment prices don’t seem to be on the overly keen side, I reckon once they get back to the new normal business they will become keener as the costs of running a dealership ramp up with no furlough money coming in.

Also not sure if you have driven many cars and possibly not given given your comment about comparing the Diesel and GTS. I would certainly think you need a few good test drives and as said before unless diesel is needed for high miles which it doesn’t seem to be I would go petrol.

Alternatively if you really need a car now and are convinced that diesel is ok for you then I would capitalise and make very low offers and let them decide. Dealers are in a position of very low sales, low confidence leading to poor future sales with values on the dip. They also have diesel cars which due to the hatred of diesel cars now certainly are not as attractive so they will want to shift these.

Offer £2k below asking price as a final offer with 24 hours for them to accept would be my plan but I would still wait if it was me.
Thanks.

The price for car 1 includes a £400 deduction already and car 2 includes a £840 deduction.

Perhaps i should be more aggressive and ask for more. However, with the monthly on both cars coming in between £360-£380 per month, i was astounded at how cheap this was, given my previous deal on my 335.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

If you are also taking the dealership finance then I would certainly push very hard just now. The finance commission is worth a lot to them so maybe giving the impression you will go elsewhere for the loan may make them keener.

£400 off on a diesel car during these times does not sound great just now unless it is already priced very keenly. If it hasn’t been reduced since lockdown began then certainly it’s too dear.

I love to extract the best deal possible when buying a car and deals are not something that you often get when Porsche shopping. Given the economic times and all the factors mentioned before it could be deal time.

Would call them and say it’s too expensive, offer 2k less and say at that price you will take their finance and leave it with them asking for a reply today saying there are other cars you don’t want to lose if they don’t want the deal. Then wait and see.