Potential New Car - Feedback please?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Good afternoon all,
I wondered if everyone could give me their thoughts on this car?
The monthly pm is dirt cheap with little deposit and the car comes with 2 years extended warranty. 1 previous owner and fully maintained by Porsche.
Slightly more miles than i wanted but the purpose of buying this car is to save money whilst still being comfortable and nice to drive.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... archad=New

Screenshot_20200502-134620_Drive.jpg

2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

It’s expensive for those miles but you will always pay more through a Porsche dealer, as you are getting the benefit of the Porsche used two year warranty. Would personally steer clear of a car with a tow bar as don’t know how much actual towing it’s done in its lifetime. Your reason behind buying Porsche “to be comfortable and save money” Don’t get me wrong here, I doubt you will not like the car I don’t think there are any better but they are not cheap to maintain.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I don't think many if any Macans are used for any kind of serious towing but you could ask the question. It also doesnt seem to have the troublesome Pano roof with quite a few desirable extras. Not cheap but then nothing from a OPC ever is and the two year warranty is cast iron.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
cat5326

Post by cat5326 »

Very interesting. I know OPC retail is expensive, but a 2015 with 48k miles, 2 year warranty and expensive wheels @£31k seems expensive to me too, particularly when you take into account my thread. I hope this helps with your decision making.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9633
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks guys.
Negotiated the car to approx £30k.

Not much better but the spec seems ok. 1 owner and looked after by Porsche. APR reduced to 6.9% from 8.3
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

cat5326 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:47 pm Very interesting. I know OPC retail is expensive, but a 2015 with 48k miles, 2 year warranty and expensive wheels @£31k seems expensive to me too, particularly when you take into account my thread. I hope this helps with your decision making.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9633
Not sure if you saw my screen shot i posted of the spec sheet from Porsche. The car has full leather, memory seats, reverse camera, bi-xenon, porsche dymanic lighting, air suspension with PASM, auto dimming interior, exterior mirrors, 20 inch wheels and a good bit of other smaller options ...

Not really sure how good that is or not. The options for me seemed fair.
cat5326

Post by cat5326 »

Yes! I saw the spec.
I'm on PASM ordinary and smaller wheels, but otherwise similar. Oh! and of course I don't have a Pano roof.
Methinks It seems my wheels and roof are the reason for my remarkably low valuation and would you believe it... its a diesel and the OPC said that nobody wants them anymore!
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Wheels make a second hand car every time. 18s and 19s give a better ride but look puny and not very Porsche IMHO. Just no kerb appeal. The number one thing second hand dealers do to SUVs is fit big wheels. Someone buying a second hand SUV down the years a bit just wants it to look butch, so wheels maketh the car. Anything less than 20s on a Macan will be seen a s a big problem by the SE and he'll be pricing in very possibly replacing them with the trade in figure. There is a reason we're still not driving 13" wheels any more. People just preferred the look of bigger wheels so manufacturers went that way. Simples.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The tow bar would put me off too. Not because of how often it’s used but more because of the number of very nice SUVs I watch being reversed into the sea to launch boats and jet skis. Back wheels half covered in salt water isn’t going to do wonders long term
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

MCDK wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:31 am The tow bar would put me off too. Not because of how often it’s used but more because of the number of very nice SUVs I watch being reversed into the sea to launch boats and jet skis. Back wheels half covered in salt water isn’t going to do wonders long term
Very true, a dip in the ocean is not the best. But any different to a winter on well salted roads?

Most tow bars on family cars are used for bike racks, trailers full of garden debris, etc. With the warrantee I’d not be the least concerned if it looked like a well cared for vehicle. In this climate (and that mileage) for a dealer to only move £1k is ambitious possibly & foolish.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed