Potential New Car - Feedback please?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

My car is five days younger than the car the OP is looking at and has covered 42k miles. When I ordered my GTS earlier this year, the dealer said the P/E value of my car at that time was £27k. Given the OPC markup, £31k does not seem that bad a price to me.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

They will do a deal for sure, keen to sell what they can........ love those wheels
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hi PaulB
Porsche Centre, Swindon will have my SD for sale once the lock-down is lifted and my new GTS can be delivered.

See: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9621
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks for the feedback. I think i am going to go ahead with this car. Although it seems odd buying a car in the current circumstances, particularly when we find out in recent days that car sales are down 97%. Makes me nervous. Or am i mad amidst such uncertainty?
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

PaulB wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:24 pm Thanks for the feedback. I think i am going to go ahead with this car. Although it seems odd buying a car in the current circumstances, particularly when we find out in recent days that car sales are down 97%. Makes me nervous. Or am i mad amidst such uncertainty?
🤔 if your nervous what’s the rush it’s just a car, unless it has exclusive spec/benefits to your needs, lots about at any time.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
adam b

Post by adam b »

Do you intend to do high miles? If not avoid diesel

Also silver is not kind on the Macan and no pano roof will turn many off. I would avoid for these reasons but that’s personal apart from the roof
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

adam b wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:05 am Do you intend to do high miles? If not avoid diesel

Also silver is not kind on the Macan and no pano roof will turn many off. I would avoid for these reasons but that’s personal apart from the roof
No, the car won't be used for high miles. Surely this will be more economical than the 340bhp petrol equivelant even so?

I think the silver is nice and apart from the pan roof, i think the car is fairly well spec'd. I suppose it may not be to everyones taste, granted.
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

PaulB wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:59 am
adam b wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:05 am Do you intend to do high miles? If not avoid diesel

No, the car won't be used for high miles. Surely this will be more economical than the 340bhp petrol equivalent even so?

I think the silver is nice and apart from the pan roof, i think the car is fairly well spec'd. I suppose it may not be to everyones taste, granted.
It's the distance that you drive for any one trip that's the important factor. I have an SD and never had a dpf issue or even regen warning. Probably because I always drive enough on every trip for the engine to reach its full oil and water temperature. It's done 18,600 miles in 3 years, but never used for short / low speed journeys. I have always used BP Ultimate premium diesel and only had to have one AdBlue refill in year one.

Fuel consumption is a relatively small part of the cost of buying and running a Macan. So in my case going from 36 mpg to 24 mpg will cost £400 more p.a. in fuel. Higher depreciation going forward on the diesel will more than compensate for that amount versus the petrol engine versions IMO.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above I would go petrol unless your mileage is high which it doesn’t seem to be. Diesels are kinda hated now and that sentiment will only get worse along with values falling. Also the miles on that car are high and I would certainly want to view before committing.

Search for a nice low miles petrol S or GTS. Might cost a bit more to buy but depreciation will be kinder. Also would wait until dealers reopen and are properly fighting for sales as you might get someone desperate to move stock and generate income.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I am glad i joined the forum. This information is very helpful indeed.

I am now going to look at approved used Macan S petrol models as having read the DF thread (some 40 odd pages), it has put me off to say the least.