Recommendation for a Reliable Electric Tyre Inflator

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

putt4par wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:21 am
Tracky wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 am
putt4par wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:55 am

Ok so took the plunge and ordered an air hawk cordless type, thought of how often do I use and will the battery be charged but we have other cordless batteries constantly on trickle so thought would give it a try, we have 4 vehicles and having to find keys and messing about with cigarette lighters is a bit of a bind.
Has the ability to preset pressure, digital readout and light too, will see how it performs ;)
Lock forward to update given my predicament above

Particularly interested in battery life. I would need to take on track days with me where during the course of the day we can let out a lot of pressure from the tyres but then need to pump them right back up before we leave.
Should be with me early next week, will come back with an initial update.
Ta
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

RAA

Post by RAA »

I wasn't too impressed by the inflator that I finally found in the boot, so I've now bought a Ring RAC900 inflator from Amazon. Arrived a couple of days after ordering, and I've been practising on my winter wheels/tyres, stored in the garage. It's ' heavy-duty', easy to use, works really well, and inflates quickly. So, after pumping up tyres over the last 40+ years with a foot-pump, I'm a happy bunny ! Thanks again for everyone's help !
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I have a Ring mains one as I check my tyres once a fortnight. The hose and valve connector wore out so they sent me a new one which I fitted after a few curses. I hate throwing stuff away that can be repaired. Must admit, I forgot about the one in the boot.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Tracky wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:46 am
Tracky wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 am

Lock forward to update given my predicament above

Particularly interested in battery life. I would need to take on track days with me where during the course of the day we can let out a lot of pressure from the tyres but then need to pump them right back up before we leave.
Ta
Hi Tracky,
So got the cordless inflator. Looks like a battery drill. Initial impressions are good. Accurate digital readout, so much better than searching for keys to plug into car. Pressure can be preset. really like it.
However, thinking of your application, manual says battery has 15 minutes continuous use from full charge, recharge is 3 hours. The kit does come with a cigarette lighter adapter as well. If you need any other info shout out.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

putt4par wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:50 am

Ta
Hi Tracky,
So got the cordless inflator. Looks like a battery drill. Initial impressions are good. Accurate digital readout, so much better than searching for keys to plug into car. Pressure can be preset. really like it.
However, thinking of your application, manual says battery has 15 minutes continuous use from full charge, recharge is 3 hours. The kit does come with a cigarette lighter adapter as well. If you need any other info shout out.
Morning.

Thank you very much for the feedback

That could be pushing it but might be ok!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Tracky wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 am
putt4par wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:50 am
Ta
Hi Tracky,
Morning.

Thank you very much for the feedback

That could be pushing it but might be ok!
No problem, definatly ok for multiple cars on the drive,.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:39 pm I have a Ring mains one as I check my tyres once a fortnight. The hose and valve connector wore out so they sent me a new one which I fitted after a few curses. I hate throwing stuff away that can be repaired. Must admit, I forgot about the one in the boot.
How long did your Ring mains inflator last, before the air hose and connector wore out ? Was it under guarantee ?
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

RAA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:53 am
Cheshire Cat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:39 pm I have a Ring mains one as I check my tyres once a fortnight. The hose and valve connector wore out so they sent me a new one which I fitted after a few curses. I hate throwing stuff away that can be repaired. Must admit, I forgot about the one in the boot.
How long did your Ring mains inflator last, before the air hose and connector wore out ? Was it under guarantee ?
Probably about four years or more. I think it's only a 12 month guarantee. The people at Ring were great, charged me a fiver for the part and gave me advice on how to fit it.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm
RAA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:53 am
Probably about four years or more. I think it's only a 12 month guarantee. The people at Ring were great, charged me a fiver for the part and gave me advice on how to fit it.
Thanks for that, Phil !

Bob
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Guy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:57 am
Tracky wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:36 am I’ve often had Halfords ones and they last well, unless you drop them ! :cry:

When I was looking though I was trying to find something different as the 992 has no cigarette lighter ! I failed to find anything that would work for that car
How about also using a battery clamp to 12v cigarette socket adapter? I tried to post a link to amazon but it wouldn't link correctly, so just search for NOCO GC017 socket plug.
Car was in a dealer yesterday so I asked the question

There is a cigarette power socket hidden away out of sight in the passenger footwell - obviously!

I’m therefore now ok with a standard cable pump!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S