reliability of macan diesel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Does anyone have any bad experience with the audi engines fitted to the macans in previous audi vehicles such as a4 a5 a6 q5 etc ,,
only reason being the audi volkswagen 2.0tdi engine has proved to be very costly to repair and unreliable after moderate mileage even with vw thorough servicing..only a worry I have as I see so many with problems that simular engines dont have at simular mileages ? jonmacan2014-11-01 20:53:11
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.

SPL

Post by SPL »

This afternoon I was coming out of a rather fancy shop and noticed, driving out of the car park, a Diesel H reg (that's 1990!) Citroen (something or other) and it was still going...

Not bad for 24 years old! It did look like the old couple had had it since new! Wink

I think we will be fine....Tongue

SPL2014-11-01 21:15:44
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Thats it,, my last Peugeot partner 52 plate was on 292k and still going strong just good servicing. Did that h reg have a 3.0tdi engine spl?
SPL

Post by SPL »

Thats it,, my last Peugeot partner 52 plate was on 292k and still going strong just good servicing. Did that h reg have a 3.0tdi engine spl?

Maybe a 1.5TDi. Wink
It may have been in GT Silver! Ouch
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Does anyone have any bad experience with the audi engines fitted to the macans in previous audi vehicles such as a4 a5 a6 q5 etc ,,
only reason being the audi volkswagen 2.0tdi engine has proved to be very costly to repair and unreliable after moderate mileage even with vw thorough servicing..only a worry I have as I see so many with problems that simular engines dont have at simular mileages ?

One word 'warranty', does it really matter?......

Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
SPL

Post by SPL »

only reason being the audi volkswagen 2.0tdi engine has proved to be very costly to repair and unreliable after moderate mileage even with vw thorough servicing..only a worry I have as I see so many with problems that simular engines dont have at simular mileages ?

I know what you mean Triple7 but I wouldn't want my car off the road (hassle) if something went wrong - no matter who has to pay for the repair.

At the beginning of next year I will be purchasing a 1 or 2 ear extension to my warranty. This car is to keep. I normally change every 3 years but not this one. And if I do change it will be handed down to my wife! Wink
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

It does if it blows up with the wrong tyres on it Wink

Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

I know what you mean Triple7 but I wouldn't want my car off the road (hassle) if something went wrong - no matter who has to pay for the repair.

At the beginning of next year I will be purchasing a 1 or 2 ear extension to my warranty. This car is to keep. I normally change every 3 years but not this one. And if I do change it will be handed down to my wife! Wink

Personally SPL. Modern cars built today should not be kept. Manufacturers are keen to keep you for 3 years and IMHO design cars to be run for this period of time. Yes, they may well be better than that, but cars are now disposable objects with a shelf life. My LR FL2 is 5 yrs old in April, LR only offer a reduced warranty after this time. Why? Tells me all I need to know. So IMHO cars aren't lifers anymore. 10 years ago was the end of the over engineered, now they are built yo a certain cost, no more.
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

It does if it blows up with the wrong tyres on it Wink

thanks guys someone has to ask the bad questions, , but I have heard the macan engine is bombproof and it has been around in various audi models over 10 years with excellent reliability ,,
Denizl

Post by Denizl »

Wife has a Q5 diesel, 3 1/2 yrs old 72k, no problems. Don't think many cars have mechanical probs these days as long as you look after them.