Car Connect App

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RGS

Post by RGS »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed problems with the Car Connect App recently. My phone app has suddenly shown my mileage completely different to the car instruments. Just had a test drive of 14 miles and the app showed an increase of only 8 miles. I have just contacted my son who tells me his app is also showing less mileage that his Cayman has actually done. Everything else normal, just mileage gone awry and I'm reluctant to reset app in case I lose the lot as it's a pain to get back on.

RGS

Post by RGS »

Another colleague appears to have lost 16000 miles from his Cayenne on his phone app, so it appears it may be an app problem with Porsche
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Yes - I had the same, started last week - lost 12,xxx miles.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
pmg

Post by pmg »

Yes mines the same mileage wrong, gone down but all other info correct
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I have found the same fault. Fuel, service and tyre pressures all work but lost about 10k miles. Also the wing mirror retraction, trip data etc, still works.

Very odd.
LVision

Post by LVision »

Anyone heard anymore on this ? Not sure where the problem lies (server or client end etc.) but would be good to see a resolution.
pmg

Post by pmg »

I had a thought last night. So this morning I used app, took the figure of mileage on the Car Connect app of 6146 miles and looked up on google what that in miles is in KM and I got 9863 which is banged on my miles mileage a week ago when car last updated.

My suspicion is someone has made a software change at the server which is mistakingly applying conversion of the miles amount.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
DJB73

Post by DJB73 »

Me too - lost c 8,000 miles.
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I phoned Porsche - they said call Vodaphone as car connect was theirs and Vodaphone said they knew all about the App problem and Porsche were trying to solve it so it wasn’t their problem to solve.....

Not a good PR look.
Col M

Post by Col M »

pmg wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:46 am I had a thought last night. So this morning I used app, took the figure of mileage on the Car Connect app of 6146 miles and looked up on google what that in miles is in KM and I got 9863 which is banged on my miles mileage a week ago when car last updated.

My suspicion is someone has made a software change at the server which is mistakingly applying conversion of the miles amount.
I trust so or I’ve got another 40K service due! :lol:
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble