Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Alfanut wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:37 pm An exceptionally frustrating situation. I’d not enter into any protracted discussions with the dealer - life is too short. It’d actually be tempted to be nice to the dealer (even though they don’t deserve it), prices are dropping, having a bit of goodwill owed may get you a really good deal if the right car comes into stock?
This all day long for me. Sit tight and use it to your advantage if you can.

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Sorry to read and I know it is easy for us to say but don’t Stress out about it, life is too short !

With respect, that looked like a lovely car but the spec is pretty standard optioned car so hopefully you can find a similar one soon.

Good suggestion to keep in with the dealer, particularly if they are you local one, as hopefully they can help in the future when you need it.

Most importantly good swerve on the merc !!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
RGS

Post by RGS »

I agree with Tracky, you were wise to avoid the GLC, but I think the least your dealer could do is source another similar or better spec vehicle through their network
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Thanks again for the reply guys, part of the sheer frustration/anger is that he keeps referring to these ‘unprecedented times’ now considering we may be facing the biggest recession since 2008 and people are struggling to cover even their mortgages would someone really leave a deposit on a car unsure if the company could fold for ten weeks?! My actions aren’t of someone not interested in the car. At no point have they made contact to tell me the car was sold (4 weeks ago according to dvla) or even try to return my deposit. Sorry for my rant, this is somewhat therapeutic!

Cheers!
Stormin

Post by Stormin »

Hi Dan1210, I have read your post with interest and sympathise with your situation.

I have been in a Macan now for 18 months and don’t regret a minute - just can’t wait for relaxation on lockdown so that we can enjoy it a little more.

I, like you, would have been incensed with the response that you have had and that would have probably drawn an adverse reaction which would would have only deteriorated!!!

Having read many of the comments on the forum, I think there are some very wise words here and exercising some restraint might be more prudent.

Bide your time - brilliant choice of car, there will be a better one round the corner with your name on it.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Some cool heads here much appreciated! I’m still struggling with the bare face lies, email correspondence regarding the advertising of the vehicle below (the latest response)

Good afternoon Daniel,

I fully understand how you are disappointed at the outcome here and I will again apologise for the situation. However I can assure you that the situation which ensued was wholly down to the unprecedented position we found ourselves from the very day of your order.

I have looked into whether the car was removed from advertising and can confirm that the car remained advertised throughout. It was not removed from sale on receipt of your deposit due to the timescales involved and subsequent concerns over the terms of sale, which was discussed direct with our Showroom manager, Izzy Parkin. Also the Used car manager who would remove the car from sale, did not have access to the relevant systems from the 23rd of March and therefore not have been able to remove this.

Indeed your last email suggested the following; (27th April, 3 days after placing a deposit on the car)

“Once again Jamie has been extremely helpful, I would not want to cause any friction at this point if we are to do business in the future as you have a couple of vehicles that im interested in.”

In reflection this suggests that the sales was not confirmed at that point.

I have cc’d Simon Filer, Centre Principle into this email who is fully aware of the situation.

Again I believe that I have acted with the information at hand in subsequently selling the car to another client with due process and in good faith throughout.

Many thanks,

Kind regards

Mat Crowhurst
General Sales Manager
Porsche Centre Leeds

The car was removed from sale I had no access to it whatsoever, see my response at the point of sale below.

Mat,
Below I have enclosed the correspondence with Jamie lavery.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Jamie Lavery (Porsche Leeds Sales Executive)" <jamie.lavery@porscheleeds.co.uk<mailto:jamie.lavery@porscheleeds.co.uk>>
Date: 24 March 2020 at 16:23:50 GMT
To: Daniel Jasse <daniel_jasse@hotmail.com<mailto:daniel_jasse@hotmail.com>>
Subject: RE: Porsche Leeds

Hi Daniel

I have attached the pictures as requested, sorry car was removed from sale as discussed.

If you need anything else please just ask

Regards

Sent: 24 March 2020 15:42
To: Jamie Lavery (Porsche Leeds Sales Executive) <jamie.lavery@porscheleeds.co.uk<mailto:jamie.lavery@porscheleeds.co.uk>>
Subject: Re: Porsche Leeds

Hi Jamie,
I know you aren’t in the office but I noticed the car has been taken down from your site. Do you have a link to the images of it?
Regards Daniel.
Sent from my iPhone
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I am going to be brutally honest and say you had a lucky escape. That car has no PASM fitted and that would make it less desirable for the next owner and therefore harder to sell.
I would forget it and move on.

I lost out on a Macan last year that I thought was perfect, I missed it by an hour or so. I was really gutted. A month later the car I own now came up with £24k worth of extras, even has ventilated seats, it was cheaper and closer to home with less mileage.

Just be patient and the next car will be better.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hi kleynie, I wanted the pasm but the dealer told me it really wasn’t necessary. The metallic agate grey and pebble interior were the main things I was interested in.
Last edited by Dan1210 on Thu May 28, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Dan1210 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 pm Hi kleynie, I wanted the pasm but the dealer told me it really wasn’t necessary. The metallic agate grey and pebble interior were the main things I was interested in.
Salesmen will say anything to sell a car
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

I understand that, I did my research regarding pasm and it wasn’t a deal breaker for me. You are probably right, hopefully a better example will come along. Thanks.